Rehab List-Check for rehabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
he wouldnt tell me that, just that it "would" be open

Now I am more confused than ever because some places are saying it will be closed until the 12th and now cust service is saying it WILL FOR SURE be open on Feb 8th and 9th. I tell you what, it is sure hard to figure out when to go.

Can anyone help me? PM me if necessary.

Now I am more confused than ever because some places are saying it will be closed until the 12th and now cust service is saying it WILL FOR SURE be open on Feb 8th and 9th. I tell you what, it is sure hard to figure out when to go.

Can anyone help me? PM me if necessary.
I don't think anyone can tell you for sure any ride that's being rehabbed is going to be open. There could be too many things that would possibly hold up the rehab like the weather, work force, missing part, etc. You should have time to check for February before you leave and have a pretty accurate idea if something is going to be open.

I don't think anyone can tell you for sure any ride that's being rehabbed is going to be open. There could be too many things that would possibly hold up the rehab like the weather, work force, missing part, etc. You should have time to check for February before you leave and have a pretty accurate idea if something is going to be open.

Yeah, I just am really hoping that the rides will be open when we are there, if screamscape if right then it should be open on the day we are planning to be there. But I suppose I will have to keep bothering the Universal people until I know for sure.

Yeah, I just am really hoping that the rides will be open when we are there, if screamscape if right then it should be open on the day we are planning to be there. But I suppose I will have to keep bothering the Universal people until I know for sure.

I just saw on the Universal web site that JPRA and Jaws will be down through the 12th, so I am wondering does that mean they open on the 12th? Or the 13th? Thanks

Nothing really changes.They just refurb the parts that wear out for safety and a dash of paint here and there to make it look newer after all the wear and tear the rides cause running as hard as they do!!

I am so flipping p.off I just wrote a screaming letter naming the Jack... that told me those rides would be open,, I hope he is the next person in line at the unemployment office!!!:badpc:

seriously the two best rides at the same time what the crap is that and they announce it the stinking day before?!?!?!?!? I HATE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!!

I am so flipping p.off I just wrote a screaming letter naming the Jack... that told me those rides would be open,, I hope he is the next person in line at the unemployment office!!!:badpc:

seriously the two best rides at the same time what the crap is that and they announce it the stinking day before?!?!?!?!? I HATE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!!

we all get disappointed when a ride is down at the park.
i wouldn't say i hated the park because of that.

i don't understand why you want a person fired from his job when he was trying to help you with the rehab information. we are in a recession, we need more, not less, people working.

some TM's might be aware when a ride is down or when it will open up.
but, until universal makes the official announcement of the rehabs, don't count on it.

if the TM knows the ride will be reopened soon, that's about all they can officially say. If they know otherwise, i doubt many will share that information with any of us once they see how quickly their names will be sent off in a letter to a supervisor.

anything can change the dates of a rehab ride reopening.
if a technical issue comes up, who knows how long it will take to fix it.

if you only want to go to universal for the 2 rides that are down now, maybe you could switch your dates around if that is a possibility.

we all get disappointed when a ride is down at the park.
i wouldn't say i hated the park because of that.

i don't understand why you want a person fired from his job when he was trying to help you with the rehab information. we are in a recession, we need more, not less, people working.

some TM's might be aware when a ride is down or when it will open up.
but, until universal makes the official announcement of the rehabs, don't count on it.

if the TM knows the ride will be reopened soon, that's about all they can officially say. If they know otherwise, i doubt many will share that information with any of us once they see how quickly their names will be sent off in a letter to a supervisor.

anything can change the dates of a rehab ride reopening.
if a technical issue comes up, who knows how long it will take to fix it.

if you only want to go to universal for the 2 rides that are down now, maybe you could switch your dates around if that is a possibility.

Yes I agree. It does stink. I have been SO exited for this trip, I only get to go once every 5 or so years, so it is disappointing, but like we are going to Universal on the 9th and Islands of Adventures on the 13th and HOPE JPRA is open then and we are going to run over to US to ride Jaws before we head out and that way we get all the rides we loved rode.

It stinks yes, but also we don't want to get those TMs in trouble because the OFF chance one of them will let some of us know something that will help us make our vacation a little better, why ruin that just because of one think that at the time they probably thought it was true. Unless the CEO of the parks told you that, you cant be to down on those people. They are trying

All you have to do is check the website. It says JPRA will be closed Jan. 30-Feb. 12. http://www.universalorlando.com/amu...ttractions/jurassic-park-river-adventure.html

Ripsaw Falls refurbishment is January 16th – 29th
http://www.universalorlando.com/amu...ttractions/dudley-do-rights-ripsaw-falls.html

Jaws will be down will be down for refurbishment January 12th – 31st
http://www.universalorlando.com/theme-parks/universal-studios-orlando/attractions/jaws-ride.html

Disney does their refurbishments during the off-season also:

January 2009

Magic Kingdom
The Hall of Presidents will be closed for rehab through July 1, 2009.

Splash Mountain will be closed for rehab January 4 - 17, 2009.

Dream Along with Mickey will not be performed January 6 - 20.

Dumbo will be closed for rehab January 7.

Mickey's PhilharMagic will be closed for rehab January 18 - February 6.

Epcot

Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot's Future World will be closed for refurbishment January 5 - March 22, 2009.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Studio Backlot Tour and AFI Showcase and Shop are closed through February 28, 2009.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be closed January 27-29, 2009.

Sounds Dangerous is temporarily closed. It will begin operating on a seasonal schedule starting January 4, 2009.

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will not be performed January 31, or February 1 and 7 due to Cheer and Dance Championships.

Animal Kingdom

TriceraTop Spin is closed for refurbishment until February 6, 2009.

Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon will close for refurbishment October 26, 2008 through March 21, 2009.

Come on Jon...I hope you're kidding about someone losing their job. As I stated earlier in this thread, no one can say with any certainty when a ride is going to be back up. I hope you're also kidding about hating Universal.

Come on Jon...I hope you're kidding about someone losing their job. As I stated earlier in this thread, no one can say with any certainty when a ride is going to be back up. I hope you're also kidding about hating Universal.

Yea really,
Its not the end of the world, you can always go back. That person tried to help and its not their fault that they changed things around. So please just take a deep breath and don't put a huge kink in someone else's life just because you can't ride a certain ride.

Yea really,
Its not the end of the world, you can always go back. That person tried to help and its not their fault that they changed things around. So please just take a deep breath and don't put a huge kink in someone else's life just because you can't ride a certain ride.

I have a question, this has happened twice to me now.

I went to US website and for a while it will say that Jaws will be closed until Feb 12th, but I check back again just now and it does not show Jaws on the list at all? What is going on?

I just got a call from US and I guess they had some bad weather yesterday and Jaws is scheduled to *tentatively* open on the 15th now.

And JPRA is still *tentatively* still scheduled to open on the 13th.
Yes...most of the Orlando area had a good rain most of the day yesterday.

I have been hearing some conflicting reports about Jurassic Park River Adventure's rehab schedule. Universal Studios guest service states that River Adventure will be open on February 9th, but on the website they state that it will be closed until the 12th. I am going on the 10th of February to USF/IOA and I would really want to ride it again! Perhaps, they got the rehab done early and that's why Guest Services is telling guests that River Adventure will be open?

I am not gonna have a "cow" about this because I know rehabs are good for ride quality and safety. This isn't my highlight attraction at Universal Studios, but it will be one that I will be surely disappointed in for not riding! :( I guess this gives me more excuses to ride Ripsaw Falls about 2 or 3 more times!

PLEASE USF! Open River Adventure for the 10th of February!

I have been hearing some conflicting reports about Jurassic Park River Adventure's rehab schedule. Universal Studios guest service states that River Adventure will be open on February 9th, but on the website they state that it will be closed until the 12th. I am going on the 10th of February to USF/IOA and I would really want to ride it again! Perhaps, they got the rehab done early and that's why Guest Services is telling guests that River Adventure will be open?

I am not gonna have a "cow" about this because I know rehabs are good for ride quality and safety. This isn't my highlight attraction at Universal Studios, but it will be one that I will be surely disappointed in for not riding! :( I guess this gives me more excuses to ride Ripsaw Falls about 2 or 3 more times!

PLEASE USF! Open River Adventure for the 10th of February!
Let's hope it's open when you're there. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter