Regular TS that gives a close to signature experience?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by eeyoresmom, Jan 12, 2013.

1. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Never saw this asked before and was wondering if any Disney restaurants are close to signature ( in your opinion) ? I think when Tuttu Italia first opened it was close. Haven't been there in a few years though.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

No, not in my opinion

4. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

Personally, I would much rather dine at Akershus than at Cindrella's Royal Table. I think that the only reason the latter is a signature of over the former is because of dining in the castle. However, as far as signature character dining goes, I think Akersus is as close as they come.

5. jamescanuck2001

jamescanuck2001 Mouseketeer

the reception, service and ambience at grand floridian cafe would come close

haven't been to sanaa but based on photos and reviews it might be just under a signature

le cellier definitely would be up there, prior to last year

6. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

Sanaa is as close as you will get.

7. gypsydoodlebug

gypsydoodlebug <font color=red>Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I h

And it's good. :thumbsup2

8. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Honestly, I don't know if there really is much difference. i.e. Le Cellier went from 1 to 2 credits but it was still the same food/restaurant.

9. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

I agree with other posters that Sanaa is your best bet.

10. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Sanaa is closest for me as well. It has really good food and is the ONLY restaurant you can view animals at while eating.

11. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Haven't been back to Saana since they opened. We were very disappointed with the desserts ( not to mention the attempt at giraffe mating the entire meal :love: very distracting!) Off to check out the menus, see if they've changed their desserts. ( may also google mating season of captive giraffes)

12. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Tutto Italia is still pretty close for me because of the decor and service. I really didn't care for Sanaa - but that is not my type of cuisine. I agree with poster about Grand Floridian Cafe for decor. The food was ok there, but not the service. The Turf Club at SSR and Olivia's at OKW have great food and service.

13. dissybroad

dissybroad MNSSHP 2014

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I kinda felt that way about Restaurant Marrakesh and the belly dancer!

14. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

You reminded me if another PG13 memory. DH and I dined there a few years ago. When the belly dancer was done with her dance, a little boy, maybe 3 years old,ran up to her to get his picture taken with her. Well, he would not let go of her thigh, mom and dad both tried to pry him off as the line of little girls formed to have their pic taken with her. He just wouldn't let go, so the other families just took pics of their little girls with this little boy hanging off the thigh of the poor young woman :rotfl2: So funny!

15. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

While not quite signature,

I thought coral reef was fancier than i expected

16. nigel-bigel

nigel-bigel DIS Veteran

Another vote for Sanaa. We were just there last week and were very impressed!

Nicole