Regular spa goers-rate the dcl spa

sorceressk

Mouseketeer
I'm always conflicted about the DCL spa because the rates are so high and I get massages regularly at home. I'm wondering -from the perspective of someone who gets massages weekly or every other week-is the DCL spa prices "worth it"?

I'd rank the massages the same quality as the ones at Massage Envy (a chain of spas around where I live). Quite overpriced (double-triple what it costs here), but if you want to have a massage on board, it's either them or sweet talking my better half into it.
:thumbsup2
Sometimes I splurge for the spa sometimes not.

As far as the pedicures, they're okay. I like my regular nail place a load better. The ship costs again, double my local place. And at my local place they don't use the whole pedicure session as a time to try to upsell. Ten soft-hard sells during a fifty minute pedicure is a lot, in my opinion.
:faint:

If you want to use the spa on the ship and you are used to getting regular massages, I would get a specialty treatment instead. There is a much larger spa menu on board vs. what you can pre-book that includes salt-glows, body wraps, a chocolate treatment and others

ITA with PP. I won't do regular massages, facials, or nails on board. I don't think they are worth it at all. I do like the salt scrubs and the seaweed wrap I had on the Fantasy last year.

Jill in CO

The quality of services I have received at a dcl spa (tried on 3 different cruises) is about a 3 out of 5. The high cost for the quality brings it down a notch and the high pressure sell mid treatments and the fact I have to ask to not have that brings it all down to about a 1.5. For me. Granted I haven't gone in 2 years and its hard to imagine when-why I would make time for a treatment again in the future. Although I do kind of half skim fur some kind of super sale when on board! I wound do the rain forest room again to try it out and I have wanted my DH and DS to try out the shave/mens facial option but we've never gotten a time we could prebook that works

My brother and sis in law did the couples massage and they said the massage itself was very average, but the hard sell ruined their alone time together.

They were even "sat down" at the end of the session and lectured to by their masseuse on what products to by. :sad2: My brother said he was pretty surprised by that sit down hard sell portion and got up and left. Very unpleasant.

Is "eh" a rating?

I'm proactive about the sales pitches, don't buy into any of their extras, and never pay full price.

Occasionally I'll have a massage. One bad cabana one means I won't do that again either, so on ship ones only.

I actually love the spas on the ships. As for the person who said they compare to Massage Envy, they must have a really awesome Massage Envy! The last time I went there, the lady talked to me the whole time about her mixed-faith relationship. *awkward*

I do the treatments that involve alone time, specialized wraps, and rejuvenation. It's quiet time away from the hassle and bustle of the ship and my very active young kids. I do try to book specials on board and decline all prices in advance. I think it's worth it but obviously everyone has their own thoughts! :)

I actually love the spas on the ships. As for the person who said they compare to Massage Envy, they must have a really awesome Massage Envy! The last time I went there, the lady talked to me the whole time about her mixed-faith relationship. *awkward*

I do the treatments that involve alone time, specialized wraps, and rejuvenation. It's quiet time away from the hassle and bustle of the ship and my very active young kids. I do try to book specials on board and decline all prices in advance. I think it's worth it but obviously everyone has their own thoughts! :)

What do you mean by "decline all prices in advance"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter