• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regular size cooler....

lillygator

DIS Veteran
ok, can't find the dimensions - can we lug on a reg sized cooler? We've always taken a rolling soft one but DH wants a reg one to lug around the other items I make him carry since he is my mule!! :lmao:

It has to fit thru the standard sized airport scanner. That's the only requirement...but remember that the wheels will add to the size!

DCL's official policy regarding coolers, alcohol, etc. is:
"Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought on board. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.

Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought on board. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.

Disney Cruise Line® regrets that the crew members on board are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line® cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

Bottle warmers are not permitted on board due to safety concerns. However, should you need hot water, Crew members can bring it from the kitchen, or you can request hot water to be delivered to your stateroom at any time from Room Service.

Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage."

Hope this helps!

you are allowed to bring a soft sided cooler although it does state that in your contract. We have on all of our cruises and will on this one as well.

Bought a small wheeled cooler today with handle.(38 qt. larger than DCL dimensions) Are we able to transport the alcohol in something else to go through the scanner and then use the cooler in our cabin to keep on ice? Can we then roll it off onto CC? Thanks!

Bought a small wheeled cooler today with handle.(38 qt. larger than DCL dimensions) Are we able to transport the alcohol in something else to go through the scanner and then use the cooler in our cabin to keep on ice? Can we then roll it off onto CC? Thanks!

Did you buy a hardside or softside cooler? DCL will not allow you to take on a hardside cooler. The cooler must be able to fit thru the scanner, thus the reason they give the dimensions. The scanners are similiar to ones they have in airports.

It's a hard cooler. So, does that mean I should run out and find a soft sided cooler with wheels hopefully. I guess so, bummer.

Can we just walk on with a case of beer in hand (each hand, lol) with no cooler?

It's a hard cooler. So, does that mean I should run out and find a soft sided cooler with wheels hopefully. I guess so, bummer.

Can we just walk on with a case of beer in hand (each hand, lol) with no cooler?

Yes, go get a soft sided cooler... and while bringing alcohol onboard is allowed, DCL asks that it is stored in a carry-on in. This is likely so that this is kept discrete (so the kids don't see it!)

Security will stop you from walking on board with any alcohol that is visible and ask that you pack it in your carry on's.

DCL's official policy regarding coolers, alcohol, etc. is:
"Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought on board. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.

Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought on board. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.

Disney Cruise Line® regrets that the crew members on board are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line® cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

Bottle warmers are not permitted on board due to safety concerns. However, should you need hot water, Crew members can bring it from the kitchen, or you can request hot water to be delivered to your stateroom at any time from Room Service.

Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage."

Hope this helps!

I have not been able to find a soft sided rolling cooler w/those dimensions. Even the one that Disney store sells is 14 1/2'' H x 14'' W x 13 1/2'' D.

Has anyone found one w/those specific dimensions? Or is the one by Disney ok to use even though it is deeper? My DD is a Pepsi freak so no drink station for her.

I have not been able to find a soft sided rolling cooler w/those dimensions. Even the one that Disney store sells is 14 1/2'' H x 14'' W x 13 1/2'' D.

Has anyone found one w/those specific dimensions? Or is the one by Disney ok to use even though it is deeper? My DD is a Pepsi freak so no drink station for her.

You do not have to have a soft sided cooler to bring your drinks onboard. You can just put DD's Pepsi in a duffle bag or any other type of bag and carry it on.

It is the packed dimensions so if the cooler is slightly bigger just remember not to pack it completely full so that when you put it on its side it will fit through the opening of the scanner. :)

We found our rolling soft sided cooler at Sam's club, I have also seen them at Wal-mart...HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter