Regular dining plan rates

linze

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the 2014 rates for children and adults for the regular dining plan? Any help is appreciated!!

Does anyone know the 2014 rates for children and adults for the regular dining plan? Any help is appreciated!!

According to Moussavers.com:
" $58.66 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $18.88 per night for children (ages 3-9)"

Not sure if this includes taxes or not though.

According to Moussavers.com:
" $58.66 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $18.88 per night for children (ages 3-9)"

Not sure if this includes taxes or not though.

Wow! I just did quick math and I'd lose a ton of money if I ever bought the dining plan. Even with dessert, drinks, etc., I would spend about $50 OOP daily at the places I normally eat. Glad I only go during free dining.

Wow! I just did quick math and I'd lose a ton of money if I ever bought the dining plan. Even with dessert, drinks, etc., I would spend about $50 OOP daily at the places I normally eat. Glad I only go during free dining.

Here's the dirty little secret of free dining plan It ain't free. Serving food is a cost. And paying the cost is buried somewhere. Increased room rates, menu prices etc.

I like the story my uncle used to tell about his father who owned a grocery store. He had a product that wasn't selling. In order to get rid of it he reduced it to a sale price of 33%. Off. He was selling it for what it cost him. It didn't sell.

Someone suggested he sell it as buy 3 get the 4th one free.

FREE !!!!!

It flew off the shelf and he made a profit. It was a 25% discount. Do you think it would have sold if advertised as 25% discount?

With that I'm off to Pep Boy to buy those 3 tires. I get the 4th one....FREE!!

Quote by John Pierpoint Morgan:
. . . If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it!

(If it weren't $60/day, it would be a funny response to you.
I don't know why folks buy it - finacially speaking.)

Here's the dirty little secret of free dining plan It ain't free. Serving food is a cost. And paying the cost is buried somewhere. Increased room rates, menu prices etc.

I like the story my uncle used to tell about his father who owned a grocery store. He had a product that wasn't selling. In order to get rid of it he reduced it to a sale price of 33%. Off. He was selling it for what it cost him. It didn't sell.

Someone suggested he sell it as buy 3 get the 4th one free.

FREE !!!!!

It flew off the shelf and he made a profit. It was a 25% discount. Do you think it would have sold if advertised as 25% discount?

With that I'm off to Pep Boy to buy those 3 tires. I get the 4th one....FREE!!

I'm well aware that nothing is free and I understand marketing ploys, but I don't do Disney without a free dining promotion. I would never pay almost $60 a day for dining per adult (or in my case, for my 13 year old who eats less than my 6 year old). I also feel like the menu prices are inflated to 1. Make the dining plan look like a better deal and 2. To subsidize the people on a free dining promotion by all those who aren't.

Actually, i have paid for the dining plan several times and saved a bundle. It all comes down to using all your credits and eating like a king, at least for me compared to normal. If your idea of dinner is a 15 $ salad then it does not make sense. Add it up. Btw, the menu prices on most every website for disney info are outdated with disney raising prices a couple times of year on things. Every trip i print out menus beforehand and the prices at the park are higher. I don't always buy the dining plan because you have to be on property and buy tickets. So when we are not on the plan we eat the cheaper counter service places. Have you seen the prices for a steak dinner at disney? Or counter service at wolfgang pucks express in Dtd? Adds up quickly.

Since the topic of "free" dining came up in this hijacked thread ;), I thought I would throw my .02 cents in.

The way I approach the dining plan and free dining is this. IF we are purchasing the dining plan (we have in the past and might in the future as well), and free dining comes out, then we win (it's usually better than most room discounts for us).

It all depends on how you use the dining credits, and how you normally utilize the different discounts.

We like the Dining plan (even if it doesn't save us money in the end) because we've pre-paid for nearly everything. I don't have to worry about how much are we spending on a meal, and if we want to each get the most expensive item on the menu, then we can without me growing another grey hair. :D If we don't get the most expensive items, oh well, we may have lost money, but I've also kept some sanity, which to me is priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter