Registering PhotoPass card received with Mickey Mail

lblume91

It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!
We got our Mickey Mail this week & the PhotoPass card is a new addition to me. Is there a benefit to registering this card &/or using in WDW? I have already pre-purchased the CD at the discounted $99 price. I like the plastic credit card-type PP cards they always passed out at the parks in the past. This one is flimsy & thin. Are they all made of this thin material now?

On my last trip I received that mail as well. I did not use it and instead got the pp card when I had our first picture snapped. Those are still the hard plastic...not flimsy like the ones sent out. Personally, I think it is just marketing to alert you to the photopass because probably a lot of guests are not aware of it. I also pre-ordered the CD. No problems all the way around.

Enjoy your trip!

We got our Mickey Mail this week & the PhotoPass card is a new addition to me. Is there a benefit to registering this card &/or using in WDW? I have already pre-purchased the CD at the discounted $99 price. I like the plastic credit card-type PP cards they always passed out at the parks in the past. This one is flimsy & thin. Are they all made of this thin material now?

Pros and Cons to registering now as opposed to starting in the parks:

Pros: as soon as the card is scanned by the photographer it will automatically show up in your account. So if you lose your card after it is scanned, you haven't lost your pictures.

Cons: as soon as the card is scanned and it automatically shows up; the timer starts at that point. If your visit is say, 2 wks then you go home to edit those pics, you've lost 2 wks and only have approx. 2 wks left to edit as opposed to a full 30 days.(just to be on the safe side, I would say within 30 days, or 29 days)

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Cons: as soon as the card is scanned and it automatically shows up; the timer starts at that point. If your visit is say, 2 wks then you go home to edit those pics, you've lost 2 wks and only have approx. 2 wks left to edit as opposed to a full 30 days.(just to be on the safe side, I would say within 30 days, or 29 days)

That's not what happened to me. I preordered the PP and got that card in the mail. I registered it about a week before we left. We had 30 days from when our first picture was taken to complete our PP order, not 30 days from when we registered the card.

That's not what happened to me. I preordered the PP and got that card in the mail. I registered it about a week before we left. We had 30 days from when our first picture was taken to complete our PP order, not 30 days from when we registered the card.

I stated that when the card is scanned by the photographer, not when it was registered. You can register the card say, 3 days before the trip, a month before the trip, 6 months before the trip. No pictures have been taken so no timer starts. But as soon as that card is scanned, which is what the photographer does right after the picture is taken, the timer starts that day. As opposed to uploading the card yourself after your trip, (not having registered the card prior to the trip) then the timer starts at that time.

You have 30 days from when the photographer takes the pictures to uploading it into the website.

If you have the card already pre-registered, the pictures will automatically upload onto the website, which would trigger the editing timer at that point giving you 30 days to edit. Effectively 30 days from when the photographer took the first picture to ordering the pictures.

If you hadn't registered the card, you could feasibly wait 29 days, then upload, then have another 30 days to edit.

You have 30 days from when the photographer takes the pictures to uploading it into the website.

If you have the card already pre-registered, the pictures will automatically upload onto the website, which would trigger the editing timer at that point giving you 30 days to edit. Effectively 30 days from when the photographer took the first picture to ordering the pictures.

If you hadn't registered the card, you could feasibly wait 29 days, then upload, then have another 30 days to edit.

Correct. If you register that card, you would still be better off not using it.

Thanks for your responses!! It says they will email money-savings offers, etc but I'm sure it's just the preordered CD offer. I'm glad they still have the harder plastic cards at the parks. I'll wait for one of those when we get there. :)

One didn't have anything to do with the other. The pre-order doesn't generate a card being sent to you. The card sent to you was part of what they are talking about. In the past it was sent to people with packages...the last few months I've heard of non-package people (even people booking DVC resorts using points) getting the offer.

What the person said would happen IS what happened to you. If you had not registered that card, you could have had 30 days from the first picture to put the card on your account, to "claim" it. Then you would have had ANOTHER 30 days to order. 60 days from the day of the first picture, not the 30 you experienced. Your timeframe was likely shortened because you registered that card ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter