• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Registering my complaint!!!

I am glad to see SSE return back to it's former glory, bare ball and all. I'm also glad to hear that it's refurb is going to put more life back into it with a little Horizons twist. Now if they could find a way to either remove MS and restore Horizons, but a more modernized version that doesn't scream "I'm a child prodigy of the 80's!" I loved the older dark rides because I found them to be a really awsome experience with everything put well together, the show scenes, the music, and the narration, and how it all flowed together to tell a story. I cried when I heard and saw World of Motion, Horizons, and Journey to Imagination (the original) go down. True they weren't thrilling attractions, but keep in mind that WDW has 4 parks, each of the 4 parks doesn't have to have a good chunk of thrill rides to win me over. If I want coasters or thrills, I could go visit Six Flags or a roadside carnival. I go to Disney for the experience of themed dark rides that tell a story. I'm sorry, but a giant slot car race or being strapped inside a box with a joystick something I'd look forward to as a memorable experience, but being able to travel through time through the story of communication with the awsome musical score they've added throughout the ride is memorable, and that's where the magic comes from.

Spaceship Earth is not "plain" looking - rather, some people cannot see beauty in simplicity.

augepcont46.jpg

Simply Majestic! I will never forget the way it looked 25 years ago when I saw it for the first time-can not wait to see it in 38 days!

Thanks for the picture just simply beautiful-nuff said :)

Bug

Maybe someone should point out that the sphere is not a giant golf ball?? Although, I would like to see how big the Tiger Woods statue would be if it was going to be proportionate to the 'golf ball'

Maybe someone should point out that the sphere is not a giant golf ball?? Although, I would like to see how big the Tiger Woods statue would be if it was going to be proportionate to the 'golf ball'

I proprsed a 400 foot tall Mickey with a long driver

I read that they are planning to remove the sorcerer's hat from MGM, and are going to place it on top of the sphere.

Yep. I wrote it down and I read it.

Thank goodness the wand is gone :woohoo: - I've never had to see it in person, the last time I was in Disney was before it went up.

I'm not old *or* old-fashioned (not that there's anything wrong with either of those things :thumbsup2 ) but I still think that if you want all kinds of neon glitter at night - go to Vegas! It was 110% out of place at Epcot :sad2: I could maybe see it for one year - the year of the Millennium - but can you imagine if they had just decided to leave Cinderella's castle decorated like a cake for years and years? :scared: (Which I also loathed - and which I *did* have to see in person.)

Yuck!

CoP doesn't bother me. I understand that it's a piece of Disney nostalgia - it'd be nice if it was updated for the YouTube generation, but I am of the opinion that if I don't like a ride, I don't ride it. You can't as easily avoid a towering monstrosity of kitsch and tackiness as that wand was.

I love Spaceship Earth. I go on it many times during my trips. The costumes, the architecture, the smell of Rome Burning, going to the very top. I just love this ride.

I have never even been on CoP, but there are so many rides for different people. Some are just classic, like Small World. I usually only do it once the whole trip, but that is one of the few rides that I remember from my childhood and I have to go on it.

Thank God they got ride of that God-awful wand. It took away from the beauty and symmetry of Spaceship Earth. I can't see how you can bash spaceship earth. That is one of the best rides at Epcot. That is the problem nowadays, people always want to tear down history and put new stuff up.

The ball by itself is totally symmetric and Feng Shui. That wand knocked off all symmetry making it look wrong.

I personally thought that thing was an eyesore & I'm glad it's gone. Besides, what was the point of it?? We know where we are.
To me it's like putting a huge Mickey hand holding an "ANIMAL KINGDOM" sign on top of the Tree of Life. Yuck.

As for COP we ended up seeing by mistake and LOVED it. Every attraction doesn't need to be a thrill ride, or be in 3D, or have a screen. It's amusing and educational at the same time. What's wrong with that?

I should add that our first trip to Disney was in 2006. So it has nothing to do with us being nostalgic or not wanting anything changed.

"I'm a fan of CoP, and, to be honest, what's wrong with a ride that my grandmother loves??"

I think you just nailed it..and I'm a grandparent...
..It's so far out of date it's nauseating...but gets points somehow for being around when Walt was..whooppee...he's been gone for almost 40 years now...Time to move on......and I'm a Disney nut, with three rooms of my house full of their stuff:cool1: --different strokes

I liked the wand and was sorry to see it go. Of course, I like the gold things on the castle too. I guess I'm just a slave to glitter!

I'm okay on COP, but it isn't something I want to do on a regular basis. I was on it once when it broke down. It stayed in one place and played the same audio track over and over. I was ready to break down the door to get out of there!

Spaceship Earth and CoP are two of my favorites, and I am in my early 20's. I love getting a reminder of what life was like during the different era's, and being grateful what we have now. And Spaceship Earth...it's just so amazing to me, I can't believe someone wouldn't like it. Although, I know the area this OP is from, so his post doesn't shock me :)

Spaceship Earth and CoP are two of my favorites, and I am in my early 20's. I love getting a reminder of what life was like during the different era's, and being grateful what we have now. And Spaceship Earth...it's just so amazing to me, I can't believe someone wouldn't like it. Although, I know the area this OP is from, so his post doesn't shock me :)

Thank you Beckie; I am older and it is nice to see that someone your age enjoys these two attractions. I love both of them and hope they are around for many more years!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter