• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Registering my child

J*e*n

Manteca Cruisin Mama
I was reading in my cruise packet that I can sign online and sign up my son for the youth activities but I can't find the area it is directing me to?

How do I get my son signed up? He's 7 and I want him to be able to be checked in to the kids areas. We sail next weekend.

Also- does anyone know how soon those open after boarding?
Thanks!

I was reading in my cruise packet that I can sign online and sign up my son for the youth activities but I can't find the area it is directing me to?

How do I get my son signed up? He's 7 and I want him to be able to be checked in to the kids areas. We sail next weekend.

Also- does anyone know how soon those open after boarding?
Thanks!
You can register your son in the check in process. Sorry, I don't have kids in that age group any longer, and can't tell you specifically where it is. You don't sign up for activities online. All activities in the kids clubs are open to all kids onboard (in the correct age group for that club).

Failing that, you can register him after checking in at the port, there's a Youth Activities desk there
pc 12 2014 youth activity check in 27034 P1030890 1500.jpg

The clubs are open as soon as the ship is opened for boarding.

When you look at your reservation online there is a section that says "Fun Aboard The Disney "ship name". At the bottom of that section click on Register Children. You can also do it in the terminal or at the clubs. The clubs are open when you first board but they are in Open House mode. They switch to secure programming (when you drop them off) in the evening. The times will be listed in the Navigator.

Found it-- thanks! And how soon after boarding is it open?

Found it-- thanks! And how soon after boarding is it open?
As noted, the Clubs are open as soon as boarding begins. BUT, they are in Open House mode, where you and your child can come in and check out the space. Regular programming doesn't start until sometime after the muster drill, where you can drop them off/sign them in. Check your Navigator that you get at check in for when that starts.

Thanks! Sorry! I completely forgot to read the second half of the post. I just looked on my DCL page as soon as I read the first half. Sorry! Little frazzled around my house and missed it.

We registered our kids online ahead of time but still needed to pick up the magic band for them. There was a HUGE line in the terminal (at 11:00am). Once we were onboard we walked to the Oceaneer Club and walked through as they were in open house mode. When we exited at the Lab we simply picked up our bands with no line. I believe you can also register on board if you haven't already so I would skip the line in the terminal and just head to the club once on board.

Just to make it REALLY clear, if you take him to the Club or Lab during a time that's Open House for that specific area, they *have to be* accompanied by an adult. During Open House time, there are no kids just on their own. It took us awhile to understand this, LOL, so I'm passing it along. :)

If I understand it right, parents are only allowed into the Club during the Open House, right? Once the Clubs are running you can only drop your child off (and pick them up again of course....)

If I understand it right, parents are only allowed into the Club during the Open House, right? Once the Clubs are running you can only drop your child off (and pick them up again of course....)

That's correct. Adults are not allowed during secured programming. If you wish to watch your child during Club/Lab activities, it will have to be during Open House. There is typically at least one hour in each space (1 hour in the Club and 1 hour in the Lab) scheduled for Open House each day.

Enjoy your cruise!

That's correct. Adults are not allowed during secured programming. If you wish to watch your child during Club/Lab activities, it will have to be during Open House. There is typically at least one hour in each space (1 hour in the Club and 1 hour in the Lab) scheduled for Open House each day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter