Refurbished Ipod Shuffle $29

Liz said:
Those of you who have received your purchases, do they look new? Like presentable as gifts? I know the boxes say "refurbished" but other than that would they look new?

Thanks!

To solve the problem of the box saying Refurbished, make a gift bag. Buy some of the cheap accessories to add to it & maybe a couple I-tunes cards. Make the Ipod the centerpiece, & arrange the accessories around it. Hide any pertinent info that comes in the box (i.e. warranty, instructions, etc.) underneath the contents in the bag. You can do that with tissue or shredded paper. The recipient will never know it wasn't in a regular box.

tarheelmjfan said:
To solve the problem of the box saying Refurbished, make a gift bag. Buy some of the cheap accessories to add to it & maybe a couple I-tunes cards. Make the Ipod the centerpiece, & arrange the accessories around it. Hide any pertinent info that comes in the box (i.e. warranty, instructions, etc.) underneath the contents in the bag. You can do that with tissue or shredded paper. The recipient will never know it wasn't in a regular box.
Great idea. :thumbsup2

I just ordered 2 of them. One for myself & one for a christmas gift for my 14 yr old Grandson.

Thanks for the great post. I was going to order three to put in Xmas stockings (everyone has an ipod, but these are such a good deal) and decided at the last minute to make it 4. What great little gifts!

Sharon

TnTWalter said:
wanted to give heads up.

I got items for $2.97-$4.97...woo hoo!

Trish

Thanks. I got the 5 in 1 accesory kit for $2.97!!! Yay!

I also got the clip at Target, but my Target had them priced at $6.98. I still bought it because I figured no other chance to get accessories that fit this size shuffle.

My Radio Shack also had a docking station for the shuffle on clearance. But since I got the 5 in 1 accessory that docks the shuffle too, I didn't bother.

Thanks for all the great ideas. My niece is going to be so excited at Christmas.

Maggie

I just went on ebay and got 2 rainbow skins with clips and armbands for under $12. I was happy with that deal - and I bet my DD will be, too!

I know I'm such an idiot about this--coming to the Ipod game so late.... PLEASE HELP!! All DD14 has asked for is an Ipod Nano.

We have a Dell PC. Ipods work with Windows, right?

Do I need to buy other accessories to make it work? The used Ipod site mentions needing Itunes software--but that comes with, right? What's this docking station I read about? Skin? Clip? Other things necessary? :confused3

She's got a bunch of songs on her MP3 player (no mom, that's not good enough now, I want an Ipod). Can they be transfered over, or do we have to re-buy them all??

Should I get the refurbished 4GB they have for $149, or hang on and wait for a 2 GB or 1 GB to possibly be offered at a lower price??

I feel so technically challenged. Would someone PLEASE help me understand this?

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

HappyCamperToo said:
I know I'm such an idiot about this--coming to the Ipod game so late.... PLEASE HELP!! All DD14 has asked for is an Ipod Nano.

We have a Dell PC. Ipods work with Windows, right?

Do I need to buy other accessories to make it work? The used Ipod site mentions needing Itunes software--but that comes with, right? What's this docking station I read about? Skin? Clip? Other things necessary? :confused3

She's got a bunch of songs on her MP3 player (no mom, that's not good enough now, I want an Ipod). Can they be transfered over, or do we have to re-buy them all??

Should I get the refurbished 4GB they have for $149, or hang on and wait for a 2 GB or 1 GB to possibly be offered at a lower price??

I feel so technically challenged. Would someone PLEASE help me understand this?

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are except we don't already have an MP3 player. But we have a Dell PC, etc. so I have a lot of the same questions you do.

I want to buy the 4GB Nano but I need two of them for both of my teens. I decided to not buy the refurbished ones but when I put them in my shopping cart with two I-tunes gift cards the total stopped me in my tracks! So I'm back to trying to decide.

I have heard that these things don't go on sale. The only way to get them cheaper is if some place has a deal like you get a gift certificate with purchase, something like that. Good luck with your purchase!

Well, I bought 2 today, one for me one for dd, she wanted something, and I think she will be very happy with this.

Thanks for posting!!! :)

DD just told me that what she likes about the nano (from playing with her friend's) is that she can go straight to a song. Apparently her mp3 player has a very slow way of scrolling. So it isn't the "Ipod" name that she wants, just a specific feature. I can understand that. I'm going to check a different discussion board to see if some of those technical experts might be able to give me some recommendations for a less expensive MP3 player, maybe one on sale on Black Friday, that will do what she wants and still play the .wma files she bought at walmart.com. Good luck, Liz.

I'm on the East Coast and have been checking daily for the $29 Shuffle for my mom & I for Christmas and I finally hit it this morning at 4:30...wanted to share in case any other DISers are up Christmas shopping at this hour of the day:)

Thank you for the update!

I had been checking everyday for the past week for the 2G Nano for $99.00 - they are there too!!

I bought two of them.... one for DS, and one for DH for Christmas!

Catrin

Thank you so much....finally grabbed one. DS11 will be thrilled. :cool1: :cool1:

They have a lot of refurbs on the site this morning. I'm aching to get the 3ogb Video Ipod for $179!!!!!!!!! They have it in black or white. :blush:

Lucky me. Been checking this thread regularly, saw the $99 Nano's were back, went to the sight, put 1 in my cart, typed in my cc info, was checking out, & got a message there were no more in inventory. A mere matter of minutes from when I placed it in my cart until check-out. Oh well, guess I'll just keep checking.

Yea! I finally got two of the $29 ipods. I've been checking several times a day since I first saw the post and none have been there until today! Thanks. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter