Refurbished ipod -- anyone have any (good or bad) experience?

MedCruise07

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of buying a refurbished ipod (80 GB ipod video, 5.5 generation). Buying through the apple website, the warranty is the same as for a new one. Anyone who owns a refurbished ipod, what has your experience been? Is this a good idea or should I go for the new one?

We have bought 5, yes 5, from the Apple refurb site.
The ONLY difference I can tell between that and the new one the kids got was the packaging, oh yeah and that little jingle in my pocket that was missing after the NEW purchase! LOL! :lmao:

Seriously, the refurb comes witht the same one year warranty as the new one. You really have nothing to lose. They replace the case if it has ANY marks on it, so it will most def look brand new.

I eread alot on this topic, I did hear people had some trouble, but APple replaced their product. Seemed like no different thatn if you had gone to the store and happened to get one that did not function properly.

Oh BTW shipping is usually free after $50, so no loss their either!

Good Luck!
Nancy

I have two refurbs, one 30GB for my son, one shuffle for myself. Both were bought in November 2006 and BOTH are in perfect shape.

I also bought the clip shuffle refurb for my sister for Christmas and it's still in great shape.

I have since bought the video nano so my shuffle's going up for sale in my yard sale next month!

LOTS of us bought these refurbs on the Budget Board. You might want to ask there, too.

We've bought two Nanos from them (one 2 gig 2nd gen, one 8 gig 3rd gen) and have had zero problems. Both arrived in perfect condition and we are very pleased with both purchases.

We have 3 of them. DD14's stopped working within the first year, so we took it to the Apple store in the mall. They checked it out, decided it couldn't be repaired, and gave her another one. We've had great experiences with Apple.

We bought 2 refurbished ipods for the boys for Christmas, and they have worked great! (Now I've probably jinxed myself.:headache:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter