refurbed french quarter rooms is the aircondition unit the same as in the past

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

Can anyone tell me if they went green and changed the air/heating units in the refurb of the french quarter rooms. These are the air conditioners that shut off when there is no movement in the rooms, okay for the day when your gone but get hot at night.

We went to the poly two years ago and found they changed to the green air units and we had to keep getting up to start up the air conditioning.
That thru us off. Since I have read you need to buy a helium balloon and it floats around and keeps the air coming on.

Deb.

Hello:

Can anyone tell me if they went green and changed the air/heating units in the refurb of the french quarter rooms. These are the air conditioners that shut off when there is no movement in the rooms, okay for the day when your gone but get hot at night.

We went to the poly two years ago and found they changed to the green air units and we had to keep getting up to start up the air conditioning.
That thru us off. Since I have read you need to buy a helium balloon and it floats around and keeps the air coming on.

Deb.

actually don't know the answer to that but I always thought they just turned themselves off when they reached the set temprature.:confused3 They always seemed to be on when we came back to the rooms because housekeeping had set them to the coldest temp. But at night when we turned it down we thought that they just went off when they reached the temp and then on again when it got too warm. Ours have always seemed to go on and off all night!!!! I shall give the balloon ago next time if they are still the same.;)

Just spent a week at POFQ last month and had a downright chilly room for our entire stay.
We set a temperature and it stayed at that temp for the entire stay.

Not something to worry about.

The air conditioning units are still the same type as they were (individual room units), but they've made two improvements: 1. The units are now covered over so they don't look so much like air conditioners, and 2. The controls are now on the wall near the sink area. You now set it to your desired temperature. I would really like to know how they ran wiring from the unit to the back wall??

The auto off ACs have gotten better over the years. We stayed at BCV when they first opened and I think this was the first building to have them. They were horrible. We have stayed there a few times since and the AC seemed better each time.
It is funny what you said about sleeping. I would wake up sweating all POed and sit up and frantickly wave my arms and wait for the air to kick on.:rotfl:
Each referp and each new resort to get them seems a bit better. We stayed at BLT the last 2 times we went and it was the best AC since staying at a mod. We did have a room on the inside of the horseshoe so we only got dirrect sun for about an hour in the morning. We are at BCV in about a week and hopefully we will have good AC.

Just stayed at POFQ. The room air conditioners stayed cold all night (I set it at 69 degrees) and all day. Never had any issues with a motion sensor type device.

I remember reading how you can get the motion sensing units to stay on, by pressing certain keys on the control panel. Unfortunately, I didn't subscribe to the thread and now I can't find it. I did do it the last time we stayed at the Poly and it worked. Perhaps someone knows the "trick" and can post it here.

I stayed in a POFQ re-furb room on my visit this last March and I loved the new wall control for the A/C unit! :thumbsup2 I am fairly certain that it will cool through the night even without motion in the room because at the beginning of my trip I had my desired temp set too low and woke up to the A/C unit running and a freezing cold room in the morning! I quickly learned that for my own preference I needed to adjust the temp up a few degrees for overnight and turned the temp back down for the day. The control of the room temperature seems much more managable now, and after a day or so you can easily figure out what temp settings work best for you and your family.:goodvibes

Enjoy your trip! pixiedust: I will be returning to POFQ in just a few weeks and cannot wait :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter