Refund

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
I made changes to my reservation, went from a package to room only. They have taken deposit for the room only however I have yet to get back my refund from the package deposit. That was July 7th. Any one have any idea when I can expect the refund to come through? When I asked they were very vague about it.
I have canceled other resort packages before, changed hotel nights and have never had to wait more than a few days. One would think a company as large as Universal should be able to complete this transaction in the same amount of time. Seems a little long to me.
So, anyone have any first hand knowledge?
TIA

The longest I have ever had to wait until a refund showed up on my account was 8 days

That was because of my billing cycle

The company that does the packages is a travel agency. Contact them again.

Universal is very different from Disney in that many things are contracted out to other companies. These other companies do not always act in a way that compliments Universal.

Last edited:
So if I'm understanding correctly it takes longer for a refund on a package then on a room only? Since there is no advantage to purchasing a package as opposed to room and tickets separately I should always do room only?
I guess I will call them tomorrow and see if anyone can get me my refund or at least give me the number for this travel company.

I would just call the package people again.

Room-only is Loews, and it's the Universal TA company that's doing the packages, so they are different people.

Sometimes people do better with packages; you just have to price it out. I never price it out as I like room-only, and we have APs, so packages make little sense. (except that the Harry Potter celebration weekends have had AP packages the last year or two...but I haven't booked during that time so I'm not sure if the prices make sense...they do, however, sometimes have aspects to the package that are unattainable through other booking methods, which can add value).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter