Refund Policy

mdennylusk

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anyone can provide me with details about the reservation refund policy.

We're in the process of planning our October 2008 trip and we have friends that are considering going with us. However, they're not 100% sure yet. I'd like to book our rooms now but since they're not fully committed I want to make sure that they can get their money refunded if they have to back out. However, I really want to take advantage of the dollar being up again and we also have the 20% discount code (and I want to start my countdown). We will be booking room only at this time and will be booking directly through Disney.

Thanks.

From a Sticky on the Resorts Board..

A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations booked over the phone or with most travel agents:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation number beginning with the letter R
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not payable until check in
  • no interim payments can be made. Any payment that appears to have been accepted over the phone will be refunded to your credit card.

Pacakge Reservations (no matter where booked):
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation. Should begin with either a 1, 6, or 8 depending on how you booked it.
  • $200 due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance due 45 days prior to arrival (check your confirmation or use this link to calculate your date)
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

These are the policies for reservations booked in the US and through US based travel agencies. YMMV for booking through Disney's Canadian, UK or other international divisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter