Refund for prepaid booking on expired card help.

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
Complicated story but hope someone will know the answer.

Booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Prepaid on a credit card (not a prepaid debit) (hadn't added reservation or dining plan at that stage). I now want use my dining plan credits to pay, which I think I can organise on the night and they will refund my credit card (from what I understand).

Problem is, the credit card I used back then. The bank no longer uses MasterCard and their cards now Visa. So the card I used to pay, is now a Visa, not a MasterCard and has a different number, expiry etc. The old MasterCard, has expired now anyway (even if it hadn't been changed to a Visa by the issuing bank).

So what happens when Disney does a refund, to an expired card or a card that no longer exists? Will they refund to the current card linked to your account or only the card that was used to make the payment (which no longer exists) as I think the refund would bounce possibly?

Sorry, meant to post this in restaurants section. Mods any chance you could move it over to restaurants?

Can't believe I did that. Sorry.

Complicated story but hope someone will know the answer.

Booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Prepaid on a credit card (not a prepaid debit) (hadn't added reservation or dining plan at that stage). I now want use my dining plan credits to pay, which I think I can organise on the night and they will refund my credit card (from what I understand).

Problem is, the credit card I used back then. The bank no longer uses MasterCard and their cards now Visa. So the card I used to pay, is now a Visa, not a MasterCard and has a different number, expiry etc. The old MasterCard, has expired now anyway (even if it hadn't been changed to a Visa by the issuing bank).

So what happens when Disney does a refund, to an expired card or a card that no longer exists? Will they refund to the current card linked to your account or only the card that was used to make the payment (which no longer exists) as I think the refund would bounce possibly?
I've been refunded to an expired debit card and it was no problem. The bank just routed it to my new card.

In your case a new Visa card was issued, but your underlying account stayed the same so any credits to the original MC will show up on the Visa card. It's not a problem unless you completely close the account, which you did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter