• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refund for not going to castaway cay?

A friend is on the Dream now and she posted they arrived last night because of the wind today. Most excursion had to be cancelled.

Hoping my November cruise is ok. I really want to parasail again.

this is where i am different from most people.i dont cruise for the ports not even cc.
cc is nice but its just a beach.what you are there for is the cruise.the beautiful ship,the impeccable service and the relaxation of being away from the crazy antics of the real world.stick me on a ship and just cruise around and im good.
I am with you, really if the ship never docked in a port, I would be fine. You don't get charged if you miss an excursion because the ship can't docked, so long as you book through Disney. So, really I see no big deal in missing a port, even Castaway Cay, although I do want to check it out on our cruise that goes there, but if it's not safe to dock, then why would I insist on doing so?

This thread has me a bit worried. My wife and I are planning to do our first ever 5k at Castaway Cay and I didn't have the slightest clue that not docking was a possibility! :scared:

This thread has me a bit worried. My wife and I are planning to do our first ever 5k at Castaway Cay and I didn't have the slightest clue that not docking was a possibility! :scared:

Castaway Cay being missed is more a rarity than a given. There's a thread where people were polled to report when they missed Castaway Cay, but with the change to the new boards (apparently) you can't see the results of the poll unless you vote. Not very helpful for someone just looking for trends.

I am with you, really if the ship never docked in a port, I would be fine. You don't get charged if you miss an excursion because the ship can't docked, so long as you book through Disney. So, really I see no big deal in missing a port, even Castaway Cay, although I do want to check it out on our cruise that goes there, but if it's not safe to dock, then why would I insist on doing so?
I have been on 11 cruises Actually got a double dip because of hurricane.
But I am with you never care to go port except CC I would sad if I missed it
I am booked on DD in July

I hope December is not a bad month for Castaway Cay. I would hate to be stuck on the ship and not allowed to go to Castaway Cay.

If the ship isn't able to safely dock at CC, there is no way I would want to be in a small tender trying to do that. Besides, all of the food and supplies required to run CC for the day are on the ship, as well as the electronic connection to scan KTWCs. There is no way they could get the large pallets of supplies we have seen unloaded prior to guests being allowed to debark the ship to the island if they didn't dock.

I have been to Castaway Cay 11 our of 12 sailings. The only time I missed Castaway Cay was when it was not on the itinerary. Things do happen. The seas do rise and waves and wind make it dangerous to attempt docking and especially tendering operations.

Depending on which ship you're on, a certain number of laps of the Promenade Deck will net you a 5k. In the case of the Fantasy and Dream, 8 laps is a 5k. Maybe someone could convince the crew to hold a 5k onboard instead...

we've cruised a CC itinerary 6 times - we've never not been able to dock. it does happen, but to say it happens "often" as suggested by a PP... well, i would not agree with that.

Castaway Cay being missed is more a rarity than a given. There's a thread where people were polled to report when they missed Castaway Cay, but with the change to the new boards (apparently) you can't see the results of the poll unless you vote. Not very helpful for someone just looking for trends.
Actually I just changed that when I edited the poll.

Well then my thread is moot. Lol. Oh well was jus trying to help. Thx for editing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter