refrigerators at the Royal Pacific for medicine storage, must I pay?

IowaGirl

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the Universal board, but I should have posted here.
I have stayed at the Portofino and the Royal Pacific. In 2004 I knew the RP would have a mini bar and I was just going to throw my syringe vials in the mini bar(I only needed room for three prefilled needles). They at first refused to give me the mini bar key because apparently I looked like someone who was going to empty out the mini bar and store my own stuff. When I explained that I just wanted to put three little vials in there, she became even ruder--nothing is allowed in that fridge. After that, I told her to give me the key because now I needed a drink after talking to her. I got the key and stored my medicine in the mini bar fridge.

I am staying again(I can't really believe it myself) and requested a fridge--I should be up to date on the ADA, but I am not. Do they have to provide a fridge if I request it for medicine? My other hotel added one to my reservation no charge (a Marriott) but when I called RP to add the fridge, the reservationist was pretty adament that there would probably be a $15 per day charge. I might be able to get that removed, she was not sure, or I could just refuse the refrigerator.

So do they have to provide free of charge?

Thanks!

I would suggest that three or four days prior to arrival make a call to the Front Office Manager of the RP and explain that you will need a small refrigerator to store medications which must be refrigerated and that you would like for it to be in your room on arrival, so it will be at the proper temperature.

When you go to check in remind the clerk at check-in to verify the refrigerator is there. If you have any problems at all ask to speak to a manager, escalating it if necessary so you can get it free.

Of course you could stay at a Disney hotel and not have any problem, as all the moderate and deluxe hotels come with refrigerators in the rooms.

Values will also give you one for free if needed for medication.

Denise

here is my opinion, just like at disney when you get a rude person either do one of three things ask for their "lead" as we call them or call back and get another person or Go to concierge (spelling???)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter