Refrigerator ?

pandora174

DIS Veteran
We're staying at BWI 12/6 -10 & then splitting the stay to the Poly 12/10-12/14. We're travelling with our DS whose turning 1. I've decided we really do need a refrigerator which will keep all his stuff & ours. My question is we've paid the room only stay off completely. Would you guys wait to check-in & request the refrigerator then or call ahead now & have it added to the reservation ? I know there's a $10/day charge, would I have to pay that ahead of time or at check-out ? Thanks !! :wave2:

I have a similar question. I will be staying at the POR in December and was wondering if they rent the small refrigerators at that resort. What about microwaves? Has anyone ever heard of renting these? or are there any in the food court for guests use? Our DS is only 4 months and will need to be fed at various hours. Any help is appreciated.

Pandora174

I would call now have have it added to your ressie then they will just add it to your bill at check-out.

Vadad

I have never heard of them having microwaves in rooms but I'm sure guest services could help with use of one...(not sure about during middle of the night) What about a small bottle warmer that's what they used before microwaves.

I have never used a refrigerator in a room,(I now always have one in the Villa) but I never could justify the addition charge with such good ice coolers avl and free ice just a few feet away. It would only require a little addition ice each day and always keep ervery thing nice and cold.

I would suggest calling now. You can request a fridge but they are not guaranteed. For our trip in early December, we decided to rent DVC points to stay at OKW so we'll have a mini-kitchen.

TTFN!

Tigger Fans

I agree (have you checked into maybe renting points from a DVC Member) For a studio at one of the DVC Resorts?

I requested one after we checked in and it was brought up promptly. What they did was charge my visa $77.xx for the 7 nights, so it shows up as a credit if you get your room print out each day. Then each night the $10 plus tax is billed so it makes for "credit" drop down until it gets to zero. It was a bit confusing when I was looking over the room charges, but the guy explained it to me.

Have it added to your reservation now. They do not charge you for it until you check out. I do know that at the Poly the fridge is "guaranteed" if your stay is longer then 7 nights. Every time we go my confirmation always says the fridge is guaranteed which is nice knowing I will get one. I guess they figure they can run out and buy me one if necessary since it would cost me almost $100 to rent it! I have to admit though that the Poly has also never charged me for the fridge in the last 3 trips I've stayed. Nor has the WL charged me. I wonder if the fridge is also free if you stay longer then 7 nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter