Refrigerator - side by side or french door?

French door black. Love it! I am only 5'3" so easy to see all the items in the fridge with it on the bottom. My grandmother has always had a freezer on the bottom and I always wanted one

I love my fridge! I have a large Samsung French Door. It looks like stainless steel, but its called platinim, or something like that. It doesnt show fingerprints! I've always disliked side by sides, too narrow.

Definitely French door!! I've had mine for over 5 years now and would never go back to a side by side. Mine is stainless with water dispenser inside of the fridge and ice maker in the freezer. I decided to go this route instead of the water and ice on the outside because all I could imagine were my boys dropping ice or water on the floor and me slipping on it!

When I did my kitchen over a few years ago, I got the french door. From time to time my back hurts and its great not to have to bend down and search for something. When I have to get something in the freezer, it s easy because the freezer pulls out as a few big drawers. The freezer is a little on the small size, so I use my extra freezer in the basement. I chose the counter dept fridge and I could have used the extra space in the larger size. I have the GE Cafe series in all the appliance and love them all, especially the stove.

We have the French door style with the freezer on the bottom. The ice and water maker (which we do love and use constantly) takes up way to much fridge space. The fridge just has way to many small shelves/drawers and we are constantly fighting for space in there, I HATE it! I swear next time I am buying a fridge only appliance (no freezer since we have a huge stand up freezer in the basement). I need all the fridge space I can get with my family of 5.

Side by side, counter depth.

We LOVE the counter depth.

I imagine we couldn't lay a frozen pizza flat in the freezer, but I also could never in a million years imagine us buying a frozen pizza.

You and me both!!! I hate my side by side!!:rolleyes2

Me too! I want a French Door stainless! The side by side came with the house when we bought it and I have never had a reason to replace it but I LOATH it. I hate trying to get stuff in either side! I can't fit anything in it without wedging it somehow. Forget pizza, a turkey, or left over birthday cake. I can barely get a weeks worth of groceries in the freezer. One day... Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter