• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refrigerator Question

TaTa4Now1968

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if the refrigerator had a small freezer compartment? We will be on the Fantasy.

Hi
I cannot recall if there was a freezer in the Dream but our fridge got so cold it regularly froze everything on the bottom shelf. I know others have had fridges that did not cool well though. We only opened the fridge in the morning and so it always was closed for about 7 hours minimum which may have helped.

Consider bringing a real Thermos brand thermos bottle! I have one that keeps ice frozen all day long on the beach, even when the outside is almost too hot to touch!! They really are fantastic at keeping liquids cold, or hot. I would fill it with ice and chilled water and when empty refill w slightly warmer water from water bottles. Ice does melt if water is warm but you should be able to get at least one extra bottle of really cold ice water from a thermos.

OP, we're on the same cruise & I do know how to pronounce Poughkeepsie, as I was born at Vassar. DVC member as well. :) I now live in Yorktown. Small world!!

See you on the ship! :thumbsup2

OP, we're on the same cruise & I do know how to pronounce Poughkeepsie, as I was born at Vassar. DVC member as well. :) I now live in Yorktown. Small world!!

See you on the ship! :thumbsup2

Geeze it is a small world:cool1: Cannot wait to me you on the ship:thumbsup2

Here is a link to our Cruise Meet thread if you are interested in any of the meets, there is not official meets yet, but Shulie is organizing them and should have something posted shortly. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2662647

Beth

Nothing special, I was just wanted to freeze bottles of water for excursions for when we go to the ports.

Beth

I am going to bring ziploc bags and fill them with ice, and put those in the bag with our waters. I actually had hoped for a freezer as well, for the same reason, but my home made ice packs will have to do the trick.

I am going to bring ziploc bags and fill them with ice, and put those in the bag with our waters. I actually had hoped for a freezer as well, for the same reason, but my home made ice packs will have to do the trick.

For the same reason they do not want ice going through the security scanners at the terminal, I would think they would not want ice going through the security scanners on the ship (when you come back onboard). I would just dump out any ice on the way back to the ship.

MJ

For the same reason they do not want ice going through the security scanners at the terminal, I would think they would not want ice going through the security scanners on the ship (when you come back onboard). I would just dump out any ice on the way back to the ship.

MJ

If it is as warm as I am hoping, there won't be any ice left to dump! But thanks for the tip.

There is not a freezer. I had a friend just sail and I made her check for me. I didn't think to check when we were on the dream.

I asked because we have a cooler bag that goes in the freezer for my daughters milk. The freezer bags are actually in the bag. But I am using a different bag for our excursions next week. I have those little thermos bottles that someone else mentioned and they do work great and I will also use a ziploc of ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter