Refrigerator for meds....picture?

PrincessGrandma

Mouseketeer
I called to request a refrigerator (at POP) because my SIL has diabetes and has to refrigerate meds. I was told we could get a free one that is just big enough to hold meds. He said it wasn't even big enough to hold a can of soda.

So.. anyone have a picture? I can't imagine a refrigerator smaller than a can of soda???

When I need one for my DD's medicine on one trip at Pop I got a standard square size dorm fridge.

Same for us. We have been to the world a few times and have always stayed at a Value. We have gotten the dorm size fridge to store my husband's insulin in. I can not imagine a fridge he described to you. Unless they have changed something since April I would imagine you would get the dorm fridge too.

It is really small. I fit my son's antibiotics and a few cans in there.
But hey! it's free and does the job!

There are reports of 2 types of refridgerators at POP.

The dorm size (small, can fit 1/2 gal milk or juice, few water bottles that sort of stuff).
and then there is a "shoe box" sized fridge. That holds just the meds.

We always request a medical fridge due to DH being a diabectic and we haven't gotten anything smaller than the dorm one.
However I am told that if it is busy and people are paying for the fridges that the smaller ones will be given to those with meds.
(don't know if this is true or not).

The medication 'fridges' are small refrigerated boxes, about the size of a shoebox.

As other posters have said, they seem to be giving out dorm fridges more frequently these days, instead of the little boxes.

Thanks for the responses. It would be nice to get a dorm size maybe for water, but no big deal if we don't as we have the dining plan so don't need to keep much food cold. He did specifically say it was not large enough for even 1 can of soda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter