Refreshing Rates Promo posted on Disney travel site

KodakFigment

Mouseketeer
I was just on the Disney vacation site and the new promo is there. Didn't take time for all the details, but dates are Aug 5-26. Values from $82/ night. Going back there now to check on mods and deluxe.

Okay - not so good for us who wanted so desperately to have FREE Dining this summer, but Disney is currently offering 15% off at ALL Value Rates during Aug 5 - 26. This is what I found on Disney's website:

Soak up some fun during your summer vacation this year and save — Value Season has been extended and the rates are 15% lower, compared to the same dates last year! Stay at a Disney Value Resort most nights between August 5-26, 2007 when rooms are just $82* per night, plus tax. You and your family can enjoy whimsical, larger-than-life icons that decorate each Disney Value Resort, relax in themed pools and experience affordability close to the excitement of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.

Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room during 2006 Regular Season. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Book now to take advantage
of this magical season!

To find this refreshing rate below, simply

Select either "Room only" or "Room and ticket packages"
Choose a check-in date between August 5-26, 2007
Choose a check-out date on or before August 31, 2007
Pick "Value Resorts" from the "All WDW Resorts" drop-down menu and the page will display the matching Resorts

Well, FYI - if you have AAA you can get 20% off rack rate of a Value Resort for these same dates. But in all fairness, at least you can book a package. And for those like me (who wouldn't even consider using a TA for a WDW vacation) this is better than nothing - it will at least take care of the taxes!!!

Update: I just realized that this was a tricky wording from Disney. I'm actually NOT getting an additional 15% off but Value season rack rate. I guess they are trying to book the value rooms.

How super tricky! I initially thought it would be 15% off of the $82. Thanks for clarifying.

i read this as them pointing out that value season is starting earlier this august than last year. there's no discount off rack rate, it's just that the rack rate for this time period is 15% less than it was last year.
sneaky wording indeed!

DJM99,
This indicates to me you are giving up on free dining. And to think a few days ago you were spreading pixie dust for free dining....Dont Give UP!!!
Free dining in the beg. of August......I BELIEVE!!!!:woohoo:

DJM99,
This indicates to me you are giving up on free dining. And to think a few days ago you were spreading pixie dust for free dining....Dont Give UP!!!
Free dining in the beg. of August......I BELIEVE!!!!:woohoo:

Well I don't want to say I've given up, but when I personally saw that Ad on mousebuzz and all the "insiders" talk about this September Free Dining Offering, it’s hard to stay positive. Then this “August Deal” comes out, and I'm thinking, that the Disney execs probably think they have already 'given' us something (the value rate so early). I don't know maybe I need to sprinkle pixie dust on my cereal instead of sugar!!!:wizard:

Or maybe I just need to stay off this board (and all the others I frequent).

Right, value season starts earlier. BUT, value season isn't any longer in the November time frame. I doubt they will be advertising that!

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is the web site that you all are talking about? Just to make sure I'm on the same page...no pun intended :cool1:

I don't think that the refreshing rates have anything to do with possible free dining. Disney is just trying to show the value season is earlier this year - though not in those words, of course!

So is the discount a subsitute for the Free Dining....if so..it's not generous.

It's not a discount. It's the value season rack rate.

In the past value season started the last Sunday in August. This year it starts August 5.

Some people put thier trips off until value season. This is just a way of letting people know about the change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Value Season come ealier to all the resorts this year? And if so, why only advertise the Value Resorts?

Really that's all it is - and advertisement about Value Season, not a discount with a set amount of rooms available at a special price. You can't fool us hardcore Disney addicts! :laughing:

Disney always starts with the value resorts (since it makes a Disney vacation seem so much cheaper). :) If they advertise any discount, it always is starting at the lowest price possible in value season.

Wow. This totally sucks. I was really hoping for a discount. AAA here I come. :sad:

Maybe they're trying to see how many people will book based on this "deal" and when people don't, they'll put something good out!!

Wow. This totally sucks. I was really hoping for a discount. AAA here I come. :sad:

Maybe they're trying to see how many people will book based on this "deal" and when people don't, they'll put something good out!!

I don't THINK they meant to replace regular discounts with it. It's just another promo like the time for "little ones" to come to Disney. Disney makes it sound like they are doing something special - and they did a few things, but it's just one way to get more people to come during a slower time.

It isn't a discount - they are just trying to make it sound like one. :)

It's only a "discount" for people who don't frequent these boards. Anyone who spends any time researching their trip can see that this "deal" isn't really a "deal" at all. Disney is very adept at promoting things that aren't promotions (this summer "special" is a good example) and not promoting things that really are. The bounceback free dining offer is a good example of that. There were only a couple of resorts that had desks for booking it, they were open limited hours, and it wasn't really clear that the discount you were getting was actually free dining. There were a bunch of people from these boards who were there and had no idea they could have gotten free dining this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter