• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refresher Questions

magdog79

Mouseketeer
Everyone,
I have rented points before but that was before and it worked great but its been 5 years since life has allowed my DW and growing family get back to Disney (I know it sucks). The last time we went was when my middle child was 1 yr old now we are a family with 3 kids (youngest now turning 3) and we are looking to get back to Disney so they can build the magical memories.
My big worry is the advent of ways of doing things (magic+ and fastpass+) and if anything else has changed regarding DVC reservations.

1. Do I have take care of ticket purchases myself now or are they still tied to the room reservation?

2. If the answer to question 1 is that the tickets are tied to the reservation, do you pay the tickets when you make the room reservations or do you pay when we check-in?

3. Do we still get the wristband for magic+?

4. Am I able to get Disney dining plan still with a DVC reservation, and do you pay at the time the reservation is made or when you check in?

5. Who controls the fastpass+ reservations? I am assuming I do but my understanding its done on the website with the reservation but since the said reservation is made with DVC is there anything special that I have to do?

6. Are you able to go up into the Club level area ex Beach Club Villas?

1. Do I have take care of ticket purchases myself now or are they still tied to the room reservation? DVC reservations require you to purchase tickets separately. You can do that thru Disney or somewhere else such as Undercover tourist who is an authorized ticket broker. You will set up your My Disney Experience (MDE) account and link both your room reservation and your tickets to your profile. Your MB will also be linked to MDE and access that information to let you into your room and into the parks.

2. If the answer to question 1 is that the tickets are tied to the reservation, do you pay the tickets when you make the room reservations or do you pay when we check-in? As I mentioned - you have to purchase separately.

3. Do we still get the wristband for magic+? Yes. Everyone staying onsite gets the MB's. They will appear in MDE wher you can customize the name and choose the colors and verify the address they should be mailed to.

4. Am I able to get Disney dining plan still with a DVC reservation, and do you pay at the time the reservation is made or when you check in? Yes, you can the the DDP - it needs to be paid for at the time you "order" it.

5. Who controls the fastpass+ reservations? I am assuming I do but my understanding its done on the website with the reservation but since the said reservation is made with DVC is there anything special that I have to do? FP's are also made under the MDE website or app. Again - they link to you and your MB will access that info. You will need tickets before you will be able to reserve any FP's. Having a room onsite allows you to make them 60 days in advance otherwise it would be 30 days in advance.

6. Are you able to go up into the Club level area ex Beach Club Villas?The only DVC that has club level is AKV - Jambo. And only those booked into Club level can access it.

Thank you for the response. I asume when you mention "order" the DDP you don't need to do it specifically at the time of the DVC reservation being made. But the person who you rented the points from would have to make the DDP order and payment or can I do that after I have my reservation number?

Thank you for the response. I asume when you mention "order" the DDP you don't need to do it specifically at the time of the DVC reservation being made. But the person who you rented the points from would have to make the DDP order and payment or can I do that after I have my reservation number?

You have to do it thru the member. Most would request that you handle it when you reserve the reservation thru them and payment will have to be provided then too.

It is a change from a few years ago when you could pay at check-in.

Thank you for confirming what i read. Previous trips i paid at check-n

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter