Refresh works again

Remy is Up

Registered
We have tested refresh on this trip and it has worked great. Thursday got test track midday, yesterday 7dmt right before Halloween party. This morning got a 450 FOP after doing emh at ak. Fits with our dinner plans so we are doing it. I've been able to move times up and get extra hard to get fps every day

Excellent. I'll be doing it next week and seeing what happens for me. My last trip refresh was a total failure. And then my phone got soaked so it didn't matter anymore since I couldn't use it. LOL

Great! However, refreshing is one of those things that it may "work" one day and not "work" the next. Or may work one hour and not the next. It's so fluid that it's impossible to say how successful it will be. Generally speaking, it works well at all times, but it's truly a YMMV thing.

2 in the party. Took me from the time we got in line at safari at 820 till we got on the ride at 830 to get an afternoon fop. Navi came up a ton. Also got in line for Everest on a fp at 930 and moved dinosaur which had said gone for the day from 1030 to 935. It is very fluid but when I'm just standing in a line, why not see how it does. I've gotten top end attractions every day so far

As a follow up. Got on fop at 540, grabbed Everest for 605, rode and got dinosaur for 615, navi for 645. Saw another fop for 845 but that interferes with dinner plans.

We have tested refresh on this trip and it has worked great. Thursday got test track midday, yesterday 7dmt right before Halloween party. This morning got a 450 FOP after doing emh at ak. Fits with our dinner plans so we are doing it. I've been able to move times up and get extra hard to get fps every day

Yay! Thanks for the update. Hoping to utilize it for my November trip!

Great! However, refreshing is one of those things that it may "work" one day and not "work" the next. Or may work one hour and not the next. It's so fluid that it's impossible to say how successful it will be. Generally speaking, it works well at all times, but it's truly a YMMV thing.
Yes, exactly. Refresh is just a strategy to take advantage of changes in FP availability, so it’s not really something that stops working. It’s just so dependent on what’s going on.

Excuse my complete ignorance but I truly wonder if folks using “refresh” to score additional FP are actually missing out on their current surroundings. Do you have your head buried in your phone for 30+ minutes at a time?

I was aware of the refresh method when we went last November but I didn’t use it just for that reason. It seemed it would take away from the moment.

This is not at all a snarky post. I’m Canadian. I don’t really do snark but I can offer you a preemptive apology if I’ve offended anyone. I’m just genuinely curious how folks are using this method. My DD would have killed me if I pulled my phone out during an attraction for any extreme length of time. Inquiring minds......

Excuse my complete ignorance but I truly wonder if folks using “refresh” to score additional FP are actually missing out on their current surroundings. Do you have your head buried in your phone for 30+ minutes at a time?

I was aware of the refresh method when we went last November but I didn’t use it just for that reason. It seemed it would take away from the moment.

This is not at all a snarky post. I’m Canadian. I don’t really do snark but I can offer you a preemptive apology if I’ve offended anyone. I’m just genuinely curious how folks are using this method. My DD would have killed me if I pulled my phone out during an attraction for any extreme length of time. Inquiring minds......

I do this while waiting in line. Some queues have a lot to look at, most don't, so I'm not missing anything.

It really does not take much time at all, and you definitely don't need to be "buried in your phone". It's a mindless thing that takes a couple minutes usually. For the most part when I use it, I start looking right after I scan into the touchpoint for one ride and have the next FP well before I even get on that same ride. Most FP queues don't really have a whole lot to look at for the most part, so it's not like you're missing much at all doing that. Harder to get FPs can take a little longer. I'll sometimes have the app open while I'm eating and check every now and then during a meal, too.

To be honest....yes I felt exactly this a lot on our last trip. And I'm the parent who was always telling my kids to put away the phone, you're on vacation, enjoy it! I spent way too much time on my phone trying for FP+ and felt I was missing out on just enjoying. Sometimes it was a quick thing and I'd score something good while waiting in a line or taking a break, but sometimes it was a lot longer to find or move something to what we wanted and I felt like I was missing out with my face in my phone. However....that said, our trip this summer was a graduation gift for my 2 sons and the girlfriend of one of them, her being a first time visitor. I've been there plenty of times so my priority this time was making sure the kids got to do everything they wanted and that our first time visitor got the most out of the trip we could give her. So to that end, it was worth it to me.

regards

There is some "down" time in the park; standing in line, waiting for that parade/attraction to start, waiting for someone else in the party to use the facilities, etc. and refreshing takes only a couple minutes of your time usually. The time you save using refresh makes up for the few minutes lost using the strategy in my opinion.

We used Refresh and did not feel that we missed out. it only took a few tries to get the rides we wanted. If I had to stand in lines for hours, then I would have had less time to take in the parks. We saw more of our surroundings this way.

Can someone explain this "refresh" to me?
I booked fp+ for out trip and couldn't get some rides period let alone time we didn't care for.
For example Flights of Passage, everyday/time slot was filled no matter if I tried 4 people all the way to 12.
Both the new TS rides I could only get 4 and 6 for out of 12 people too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter