Refillable mugs

tigercat

<font color=magenta>Cook, clean and foot massage.
My ds just came home from work and said that one of his co-workers bought one of the refillable mugs and used it all over Disney. In the parks as well as his resort. Now we have never been there long enough to warrant buying a mug and I thought the mug worked at you resort only. Does anyone have any idea about what he was talking about? This is one area I really don't know much about.
tigercat

tigercat said:
My ds just came home from work and said that one of his co-workers bought one of the refillable mugs and used it all over Disney. In the parks as well as his resort. Now we have never been there long enough to warrant buying a mug and I thought the mug worked at you resort only. Does anyone have any idea about what he was talking about? This is one area I really don't know much about.
tigercat

Unless Disney has changed the rules ................ last time I was there (2002) you could only use your refillable mug at the RESORT you bought it at. Your NOT suppose to use your refillable mug at other resorts and I've never known anyone to be able to use it in the parks.

I was at Disney in May 2004 and can verify what dturner just posted. I was only able to use my mug at my resort....not at any of the parks.

I did see someone that posted awhile back with an exception to this rule. If you happen to be staying at one Disney hotel for a few days, then move to another Disney hotel for the rest of your stay.....you can use your resort mug from the first hotel at the last hotel. I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems right.

On another note....Animal Kingdom does offer a souvenier sports bottle type drink (I think it's 32 oz) for around $7 that is refillable for $1 for that day in Animal Kingdom. We purchased one bottle for 6 of us and refilled it about 5 times that day (Temp was around 95 degrees). It was worth it to us......plus, we brought home an extra souvenier.

speed :teleport:

I have seen a lot of people walking around the Parks with thier refillable mugs. I just figured they were using them to get water at the fountains.

As I think about the parks (the major 4 that is) I cannot think of any place that you can refill a drink.
Aren't the soda dispensers all behind the counter?

Mom2Ashli,

We brought our mugs to the park a couple of times as well. We would eat breakfast in the morning at Pop Century and then just continue on to the bus.

Our room was a good distance from the food court, so instead of bringing our mugs back to the room after breakfast....we were lazy and would just bring the mug with us to the park. Also, when we would return from the park....we would have our mug with us and fill up on the way back to the room.

This only worked because we had a stroller and didn't have to physically carry the mugs around on each ride with us.

We also found that the frozen coke machine would empty pretty fast after park closings. By the time we got back to the resort, went to our room for the mug, and returned to the food court....the frozen coke machine was empty. By bringing our mugs with us, we improved our chance of getting frozen cokes at night.

Don't underestimate the fight for the frozen coke at your local food court! :D

speed :teleport:

Speedyf....I did the same thing.
It was nice to have our mug with us so we could fill up on the way back to our room. We were in love with the frozen cokes...blue razz actually. I had never bought them before our trip. I can't believe what I was missing...Yum!

Never saw any ones other that the resorts. They must of meant the resorts cuz there is no place to refill your own mugs at any parks, except Blizzard beach.

Okay that is what I thought. I was wondering if I had gone mad or something. I'm not really sure what this co-worker was talking about.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter