Refillable Mugs

sorcerer mouse

Earning My Ears
If any body been to WDW in the past few years and purchased a refillable mug don't forget to bring it along. I stayed at POR this past August and saw many people using various types of mugs at the food court. New ones, old ones and mugs from other places. POR doesn't police their food court, so belly up to the "bar".

I would get ready to put on my flame resistent suit if I was you . . . .

[ FatCow handed over flame-suit to "sorcerer mouse" and ran away ]

SorcererMouse,

I think if you had one of the mugs that does not have a date/trip restriction then bring your mug back. However, if you have one of the mugs that says good only on trip ..... then basically no. :guilty:

Hey guys I am just reporting what I saw. This was the first time I was at WDW in 10 years and the first time I used the refillable mugs. I was just saying that no cast members stopped and checked any mugs used at the POR food court. Some people even used the cups that come in your room for coffee. So don't offer me a fire suit. If people are not reuse their mugs maybe the castmembers should their jobs. Until then ..... why not.

Hey great idea. As long as you are doing that why not just take some items from the stores too. As long as no one stops you it must be okay. Then finish off your day by cutting in line in front of some children so you can see your favorite character. There is no need for you to wait. Who needs rules. How about a little common sense.

I have noticed that too although I don't personally comit the crime. I've seen it happen at Pop Century. But I like to get my useful little mug every year.

So, not being familiar with mug policy, and headed there this June, what is the deal with refillable mugs?
:drinking1
Are some usable throughout a visit? We'll be there a week.

emo6565 said:
Hey great idea. As long as you are doing that why not just take some items from the stores too. As long as no one stops you it must be okay. Then finish off your day by cutting in line in front of some children so you can see your favorite character. There is no need for you to wait. Who needs rules. How about a little common sense.

Get off your moral high horse !!!
The policy for using Refillable Mugs is not enforced. If you are not to reuse old mugs then there should be a bar code system used like the bar code system at blizzard beach. This is a message board to pass information on to others right or wrong it is up to that person to choose to use any info or not.

You buy a mug at a WDW resort and you can refill the mug for the length of your stay.

My point, which you obviously missed, was where does it all stop in your effort to save time and money. I am all for saving a few bucks. Should Disney really need soda police to tell you that your cup from two years ago is no good?

Don't you just love it, when someone can suck you into an argument. :cool1:

Just Asking said:
So, not being familiar with mug policy, and headed there this June, what is the deal with refillable mugs?
:drinking1
Are some usable throughout a visit? We'll be there a week.

The mugs are purchased at your resort. They are good for the length of stay during the trip they are purchased. You can fill them with soda, punch, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and some type of slushie drinks. You can't get milk, apple juice, orange juice or any other fruit juice.

Some people take their old mugs back trip after trip to reuse them. The CMs ignore this. However there are signs all over the place stating the mug policy. As a matter of fact, the message is written on the mugs, but many just ignore it.

CMs told some people that the mugs were good for life, so that's what they follow. Some people say the mugs are to expensive to purchase a new one each trip.

We buy new mugs each trip. After spending $1000s of dollars for our trip, I can't see balking about a measly $25.00 for mugs for my son and I.

I personally purchase a mug/sipper cup at each resort I stay at at WDW. On saying that, yes, I have a million, but i don't care, it's cool and I love them, the designs do change (think All Stars) and maybe one year you want a large round one, and the next year, you want the car holder style....

Mugs also state it's good only at the resort where it's purchased.

On our last trip I bought one for our first five days at ASMu and then bought drinks 'by the cup' for our last couple of days at POFQ. I too saw people using mugs from other resorts. The one who really caught my eye was a couple who had WL mugs which had been through many cycles in the dishwasher. They must have been several years old! They were even styled differently.

I was temepted to use my ASMu at POFQ (it was during the same 9 day trip) but felt too guilty to do it as it clearly states 'during your stay at the resort where purchased'...although that message is in tiny letters under the mug's handle.

This is funny! People are arguing about mugs! Sorry, I didn't mean to be evil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter