Refillable Mugs

NomadFamily

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Life's Good in Orlando!
Can non-disney resort guests buy refillable mugs? How much are they? Thanks

Anyone can buy a mug but I don't think it would be a good value to anyone staying offsite. You buy them at the resort and can only use them at that resort. They are about $10.

Peggy

Most of the WDW Resorts have a "Refillable Mug" program in their food court area (aka Fast Food-Counter Service). You purchase a mug for around $10.99 and are entitled to "free" or less expensive refills for the duration of your stay. The refills are available from the beverage dispensers and usually include: coffee, sodas, ice tea, and hot chocolate. No other purchase is required to get your mug or your refills.
The mugs have the hotel logo on them and signs state that they are for use at that hotel for the duration of your visit.

For an avid coffee or soda drinker, especially with the 'free' refills, you can't beat it.

The table below outlines the refillable mugs available at the resorts and the purchase as well as refill price. Be sure to add 6% tax to the purchase price.

I think the tax is now at 6.5% and I have to agree with the Previous poster, it makes no sense since you can only use them at the resort from which you purchased them. This program is not available in the 4 major parks.

I still have my Port Orleans mug from a few yrs. ago. Would I be allowed to use this one again or just buy a new one?

Originally posted by minivan3
I still have my Port Orleans mug from a few yrs. ago. Would I be allowed to use this one again or just buy a new one?

Sorry, the mugs are good only at the resort at which they were purchased and only for the length of stay during the visit when you purchase them.

Anne

If it's the same design then you'd be able to get away with it. If we were going back to same resort I'd bring ours because I wouldn't want to buy a whole set of the same mugs again.

Now I have to watch out because the mug police are going to come and get me-lol. ;)

I was wondering how these mugs worked when you switched resorts?? Since they have the hotel logos on them and you can only use them for the duration of your stay at THAT resort will we have to purchase another mug when we switch resorts?? We were thinking of staying at a value resort for the 1st day or 2 of our trip before moving over to a mod. for the rest of our vacation. Maybe it would be better to just wait til we got to the mod. resort before purchasing them for all of us since that is where we're staying for the most part of our trip?? We wouldn't want to use the value mug at the other resort and get into any trouble! Any advice?

The mug you get is only for the resort you get it at, so you are right in thinking of delaying the purchase until you move to the next resort, unless you want to purchase it as a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter