Refillable Mugs

@macraven when you are talking about 3 refills within an hour, you are talking about when you purchase just a cup of coffee, right? You're not talking about the refillable mugs, right?

right!

i said cup not mug.
it's a paper type of cup.
am i confusing you?
i'm blonde so sometimes i can confuse others, just another one of my talents.

think coffee was $2.50 a cup.
i did 3 refills within the hour

right!

i said cup not mug.
am i confusing you?

Thanks for the clarification. No, it wasn't you it was me. :goodvibes That's what I thought you meant. But I have seen in other posts on the DIS people stating they have "heard" that you have to wait 20 minutes between refills using the Refillable Mugs. So I just wanted to make sure I was clear before I correct anybody.

the only thing i might have incorrect is the price of coffee, might have been $2.75 a cup instead of $2.50 as i posted above.

if i do a short stay of just 4 nights and don't have the dining plan, i buy coffee in the morning at the food court.
if i stay longer or have the dp, i get the free mug.
for my next fall 5 day stay onsite, no dp but will just buy the cup each morning.

i've been staying onsite since 1995 for my trips there.
i've seen the changes and hear the stories of the changes.

i was at the pilot hotel when they did the testing for mug chip usage.
it was a headache for me at the food court.

but the system has been running smooth since all the resorts have gone with the refillable mug program.

if it hadn't been for your post, i would never have known the new set up with change of the refillable mugs.
it's an all or nothing thing now.

The refillable mugs are not just for soda and coffee. There is iced tea, lemonade, hot chocolate and I think some stations have Powerade and flavored lemonade.

Last edited:
i'm glad you mentioned that as many might not be aware of it.

i have never been a soda or tea person.
water and coffee has always been my thing.
and when i say coffee, it is black, no sugars or flavors..
i've been getting the mugs for years with the dp.
if i would have to pay for it, i 'd be passing on it as the beverages aren't what i drink daily.

my sons on the other hand are big tea and soda drinkers and the mugs are worth it for them.

when i bought the cup for the coffee, they told me 3 refills within the hour and said chip in the cup.
i really didn't believe them but i wasn't going to test it with any cm.......
i needed my morning coffee every day and i wasn't going to get banned each morning when i bought the cup on that short visit.....

i don't know about chips in the coffee machine, just repeated here what i was told in the refills for my coffee cup.

right!

i said cup not mug.
am i confusing you?

OK, but there are chips in the mugs, too. So if coffee is something that is a timed event because of a chip in the cup, then it's also a timed event for the chip in the mug.

And this hasn't been my experience. The machines...do they still have the little spout thing that you pull down for the coffee, or is it a button you press that dispenses it? The spout handle thing hasn't been affected by a chip in my experience. (I have purchased a cup of coffee and told them that I would be using my old mug, and when I do this I have my receipt with me the whole time to show I paid for it, and I haven't been denied coffee because I'm not using something with a current chip in it)

bumber, i have done so many stays onsite since this mug system started, i can't remember spouts, buttons, etc.
i'm up before 6:00 in the morning and drinking coffee until son is ready to go to the parks.
we don't miss early entry.

my main goal is to get my disney fix early and stay until the parks close at night.

as long as i can get my adr the way i want them, that's all that matters to me.

but yes, last trip i was told 3 refills only on the coffee since i bought the cup.

this is from 2015 from AllEars.net about the coffee that i get:

From AllEars.net:
Regular Paper Cups are still available and these are also "programmed" by a chip that's embedded. You are currently allowed three refills within an hour. once you have either three refills or one hour has passed your paper cup is no longer available for beverages.
that above is what is posted at the end zone at sports for beverages.

those paper cups can be used for soda, lemonade, coffee, tea.
i don't look for a spout or a button to be pushed, i put my cup down and coffee pours out of the spout for coffee......if i have a mug, the coffee goes into that.
if i have paper cup since i didn't purchased the mug and don't pay for ddp, i get only coffee from it

i was at Sports i have no idea if it is set up the same way at the moderates
most moderate are a hirer up resorts could have a differ set up

my point is belive me or not

it doesn't matter to be what the cost is at the food court cause i will be buying coffiee each morning there no matter how it is run up
the CMs tell me the rules at the beverage station and i go by that
i'm not a rule breaker
if i would need more coffee i would buy it

Hello - how do the mugs work when you change resorts? If I am staying at Beach Club and then Grand Floridian in the same trip (3 nights Beach and 3 nights Grand), can I use the same mug at both?

Hello - how do the mugs work when you change resorts? If I am staying at Beach Club and then Grand Floridian in the same trip (3 nights Beach and 3 nights Grand), can I use the same mug at both?

Yup. The refillable mugs are good at any WDW resort.

The mugs really aren't worth it anymore. I suppose if you are eating at your resort twice a day and like fountain drinks then it might be worth the expense. We spend most of our days in the parks and rarely eat at the resort. No real need for the mugs for us.

The mugs really aren't worth it anymore. I suppose if you are eating at your resort twice a day and like fountain drinks then it might be worth the expense. We spend most of our days in the parks and rarely eat at the resort. No real need for the mugs for us.

Agree they're not worth it if you're park commandos. We have 2-3 resort days per trip so we definitely get our $$ worth.

Agree they're not worth it if you're park commandos. We have 2-3 resort days per trip so we definitely get our $$ worth.
Yep, the last time we went I was finding that we were rarely using the mugs. We were pretty much going out of our way just to use them.

I know the kids will be disappointed that we aren't getting them but I know they will understand because they want to be in the parks as well.

Does anyone know if you can use the mugs at the resort pools? We will be at POFQ in 30 days :yay: and have some resort pool time planned. I think they have a pool bar--can we get refills there?

The refillable mugs are not just for soda and coffee. There is iced tea, lemonade, hot chocolate and I think some stations have Powerade and flavored lemonade.

They make a nice souvenir as well.

At $2.49 (or is it more now?) for a single fountain beverage it's an easy decision for a weeklong stay, IMO. We generally get drinks 1-3 x a day.

Also, I had read on Josh's website that paper cup fountain drinks get 4 refills within 2 hours of purchase. Don't know if that is still true.

Does anyone know if you can use the mugs at the resort pools? We will be at POFQ in 30 days :yay: and have some resort pool time planned. I think they have a pool bar--can we get refills there?

I would guess no. You'd have to hit the quick service location at the resort. Sassagoula Floatworks I believe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter