• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable Mugs

Peace_Love_Disney

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I remember when I was at WDW in May 2007, Disney's Polynesian Resort was changing their regular fat mugs over to the Year of A Million Dreams skinny mugs. My question is, are they still the fat Polynesian style mugs or have they changed? Also, are all the mugs same for every resort?

Thanks!

The Polynesian is still selling the Year of A Million Dreams mugs. The only Resorts that are not selling them is the Contemporary, because their cs location is closed and their temporary location does not have the equipment for a soda machine. The other Resort not to sell the Year of A Million Dreams mugs is Coronado Springs because their dinning locations are not owned by WDW, so they are the only Resort that is still selling the Resort logo mugs.

They have sinks at all soda fountains where you can rinse your mugs
Not all the counter service locations have a sink for mug washing. I know they had one at Captin Cook's in the Polynesian. However in the past I always washed my mug with the hot water they have for making tea and hot chocolate, because it's a better way to clean it then just rinsing it under regular cold water.

I'm a little confused. Can you refill your mugs inside the parks or is it just at the resorts?

Originally Posted by disneynewbeemom
How do people clean their mugs in WDW?
Here's an idea;
Before we leave for our trip, I always take a regular kitchen sponge and put a few drops of dishwashing liquid on one side of the sponge. Let the sponge sit out over night to dry. Then in the morning cut the sponge into small 1 inch pieces and place them in a ziploc bag. When I need to wash the mugs, run th sponge under water to rehydrate and the soapy sponge cleans like a charm.
I must admit....I got this tip from another DIS'er :thumbsup2

Ok, so can you fill up your mug at your resort and take it into the parks?
Yes, but you might want to drink before you go too far since the top has an opening in it which makes spills likely. We fill them up, drink it up then rinse before leaving for the parks.After the parks and on the way to the room we fill them up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter