Refillable mugs - worth it or not?

ImaFunMom

Mouseketeer
So, what do you think? Get the mugs or not?

For DH, me, and 3 kiddo's, that would cost us around $75. Is it worth it?

We drive, so we take bottled water, Powerade, juice, and some soft drinks with us, anyway.

Personally, I think they're worth it. We use them the entire time we're in WDW. It saves searching for a clean cup in your room and it's nice knowing that you can go get a free refill at any time in your resort. It's especially helpful with those late-night snacks :)

We always get them. I think that it's worth it. Especially if you aren't on the DDP. We are on the DDP, but we still get the mugs. We will use the mugs while we are in the food court and get a juice or milk to take back to the room for the kids in the morning. Everyone will have a different opinion, but we like them.

For our family, it's worth it. My DH needs a couple cups of coffee to get going in the morning and I like to have tea for breakfast and a couple cups in the evening to wind down. Add to that all the stuff kids drink (breakfast, lunch, dinner, by the pool, in the car on the way to the park, etc...) , and you could go broke just on drinks!
Besides, it's a nice souvineer. When I need a pick-me-up, I have my tea in my mug and it brings a smile to my face!

Hmmm....haven't done it before, but after reading this thread I may just have to try it on this trip.

to the OP, they are worth it if you are going to drink from there. If you are only drinking pretty much what you are bringing, probably not. We do bring water and juice boxes and purchase the mugs for coffee and iced tea.

We have gotten the mugs before and definately gotten our monies worth. They also make nice souviniers for back home.

However, the last few trips we didn't purchase them. We had the DDP and also brought our own drinks for the room so we really didn't need them. It would have been a waste of money for us.

I'd say if you're bringing your own drinks, unless you really want them as souviniers, to skip the mugs or maybe just buy one or two instead one for each member of your family. JMO

We think they're worth it....we get them every year ::yes::. Like some posters have said, it's great to be able to get something to drink anytime :goodvibes. Plus we usually fill them right before we head to the pool so we always have something cold to drink ;).

Always have and always will get the refillable mugs. They are great! In the morning with breakfast, afternoon with lunch or a quick drink, and at night to bring something back to the room before you go to bed. Worth it! Look how much a soda, coffee, icee (for us pop ppl) would be to buy separately and add up. We are staying for 14 nights, thats alot of liquid :rotfl2:
Plus, what a great sovenior to bring back

We bought the mugs last year for our first trip. I think for morning coffees they paid for themselves in the first couple of days. At night it was great to stop by and get something to drink.

We think that they are worth it. I am a coffee drinker and like to take with me in the morning with my book. I enjoy a few cups of coffee while the rest of the family is sleeping. In the evening we bring back our drinks to enjoy. Also nice at the pool with some cold water.

I admit that we all use them when we get home as a reminder of our trip.

For my family, the mugs are not worth it. We purchased a couple for our first stay at CSR several years ago, and I felt like I made myself run to the Pepper Market or to the pool side bar to get refills. I actually thought the mugs were rather small, and after filling them with ice, there wasn't alot of tea or soda. They did make a nice souvenir, though!

Our family rarely eats at the food courts at the resorts, and we use a grocery stop to stock up on drinks for the room. We did buy the refillable mug at Typhoon Lagoon, however, and I thought we probably broke even with it.

I can see how the mug would easily pay for itself if you plan to eat at the food court several times or if you know that you will make several trips to the food court for drinks or if you will spend lots of time at the pool with easy access to the pool side refill station. Our last few stays have been at CSR or AKL, and, for us, we just weren't willing to run back and forth to the food court for a refill everytime we got thirsty.

Just my two cents!

--dizneyfan

We normally get them and it's worth it for us especially if we fly to WDW but your case may be different. If you bring most of your drinks with you then you may not make enough use out of them. Ask yourself if you will be eating in the food court a lot. Otherwise it is a lot cheaper to bring your own stuff along even if it is unlimited refills and if you don't like Coke products you can bring your own favorites.

irs not worth it for us. we are always on the DDP so a drink comes with the meal. which i can fill as amny times as id like while im there.
we also rent a car and our first stop is publix for diapers and a 24pack of water!

In the past we have always gotten the mugs and found them to definitely be worth the money. We are also a family of 5. Last time however, was our first time on the dining plan and we hardly used them. We were only in the resort dining area for quick meals which as another poster said had drinks included. DH is the only coffee drinker in the family so that may be another consideration for you too.

That said, they do make great souvenirs. The kids use all of the old mugs all the time.

It will depend a lot on where you're staying and if you plan on going through the food court a lot. I always figure that if you plan on getting 3-4 drinks at the food court during your stay, it's a break even proposition. Otherwise it's not. Also, the souvenir value is diminishing since they haven't changed the design recently. JMO.

I agree with the previous poster. It depends on where you're located. When we stayed at the CR in the garden wing, it would not have been worth it because we wouldn't have hauled our tushie all over the place just to get a drink. Too lazy!! :lmao: But at WL we felt comfortable enough to let our two eldest go down to Roaring Forks and get refills for themselves and even for the rest of the family. It was convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter