Refillable mugs..same or different than last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there in September and will be getting our 3rd mug w/this design. Since we are staying at a different resort I would love to have the old resort mugs again. Oh Well.

We will be there in September and will be getting our 3rd mug w/this design. Since we are staying at a different resort I would love to have the old resort mugs again. Oh Well.

I know - I would love to be able to collect different resort ones as well. I wish they asked about that on a survey or something. I guess it's cost effective to just ship them out the same, but wouldn't it help them with the whole mug debate if they made different ones? I wouldn't mind having 4 mugs everytime, because I would let the kids put theirs away to keep.

I really miss the resort-specific mugs! I re use these every day when we get home, so for me they're the perfect souvenir. I have the larger, 'fat' version from our first stay with our kids at the Contemporary back in 2004...have two sets of the blue "Dreams" mugs from our trips in 2006 and 2007..then we have the "party' themed ones, and now the "beach" theme.

We went to DHS last November for our first time at the Osbourne Lights. I noticed you could buy the identical type mug but with a Christmas print on it, and knew I just *had* to have it! (mind you, it's not refillable). I went to buy it, and it only came with hot chocolate, I think..but only cost like $4. I didn't want the hot chocolate, just the mug! The CM must have thought I was nuts that I wanted the mug empty!!! :)

The last time I was in Disney was 2005.. I know.. I'm long over due! When did they start using a generic refill mugs? I love the resort specific mug. I collect them! They are my souvenir!

Does anyone have a picture of the mugs this year? I was there in October 2010 and am wondering if they had changed. Thanks! :upsidedow

Aside from having resort specific mugs back, which don't think is happening, I love this design, has to be my fav yet. :thumbsup2

I miss the resort mugs. It has been a few years since I have been to WDW do any mug will be a new one for me but there was I would love one for each resort I have stayed in.

We are staying at AoA in Oct. and I was really hoping they'd have a new mug. It seems they've got some other resort specific merchandise, but I'm assuming no new mugs.

We're headed back in August and hoping for a new design. I love collecting the mugs and use them all the time but don't think we need 8 of the same design.

I've got 2 sets of the last 3 designs....at least this summer we are staying offsite but I would still want a mug if they changed them.

I was at POFQ last year and got a mug with a hot pink handle. When I went to the Poly, on my way to the airport, for a dole whip, I saw their mugs had black, red and yellow handles. Does each resort, or resort category, have different mugs/handles?

I dont mind the same mugs. I do wish however, that Disney would add a few more colors into the handle and lid rotation.

this year I had pink, but i doubt DH wants to use it.

Disney , if you are listening, please add a few more colors-

ORANGE, , PURPLE
and bright blue or some sort of neon green

lets hope the powers that be are listening. :goodvibes

I miss the old resort specific mugs as well. We have some from POFQ from 1998 when it was the only PO and POR was still Dixie Landings. We used the "fat mugs" as drink mugs when we were home sick from school growing up, I think my mom must have figured they would provide some Disney comfort! :goodvibes

For people worried about reusing mugs, when we were at POR last time (when there were still resort-specific mugs) we saw more than a few people with the old red Dixie Landings mugs and no CM said anything, so I wouldn't worry too much.

When you take your mug to the food court, do you show ID to get access
or is their a sticker or something to show your cup is valid?

When you take your mug to the food court, do you show ID to get access
or is their a sticker or something to show your cup is valid?

You just fill it yourself at the drink machines, no one is checking anything.

I miss the old resort specific mugs as well. We have some from POFQ from 1998 when it was the only PO and POR was still Dixie Landings. We used the "fat mugs" as drink mugs when we were home sick from school growing up, I think my mom must have figured they would provide some Disney comfort! :goodvibes

For people worried about reusing mugs, when we were at POR last time (when there were still resort-specific mugs) we saw more than a few people with the old red Dixie Landings mugs and no CM said anything, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I believe the old resort specific mugs were sold as Lifetime refills, so that would still be honoured.
The new mugs have a different policy. So anyone using the blue or red mugs now, shouldn't be.

I wish they would at least change the color for this year I didn't like the fact that everyone in my family couldn't get different color. Its not like we have a big family either its just 4 of us plus the grandparents who share one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter