Refillable "mugs" - just beating the dead horse a little more....

mommyof2boys1girl

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...
Ok, sorry to all you experts for asking this question, as it has been asked time and time again on these boards, but just trying to make sure I understand. 2 years ago we bought some red plastic cup things with a white screw on top and a bendy straw sticking out the top and were told it would work for .99 refills. Since it was our last day at the parks (but also the hottest, hence the need for bevies!) I didn't bother asking about consecutive days, etc. The cup states on the side "Stay refreshed with specially priced refills all day", then in small print, says "good for day of purchase only"
Will it make sense for me to haul these cups back to Universal from the Great White North, taking up precious luggage space, and expect Universal to fill them for .99 each day of our 7 day stay, even though I do know that I did not even purchase them this year, let alone this day?

They will still be refillable. Nobody cares when they were purchased.

I see the question was asked quite recently but was wondering if anyone is certain that the same cup is still in use. Mine are also red, with a white lid.

Just happened to stumple upon mine from 2 years ago and it is red with the white cap..hmm shall I try and bring it..:confused3:scratchin

i bring my dueling dragons ice/blue mug from 1999 to the parks......

still eligible for the discounted refill price.

and the 10% AP discount off of that price.

there are no darkside police to tell you that previously purchased mugs are not eligible for the discounted refills of soda.

even though the promo of "buy the red cup/lid soda special and get free refills all day long" is over, you can still bring that darkside mug with you on future trips.

it will work for the discounted refill

some trips i don't take the mug with me as i don't want to get a locker for it so i can do rides.
i only take the mug with me on the days i plan on short days in the park for picture taking and the shows.

if i want a drink, and i don't have my mug with me, i buy a soda or ask for the free ice water in the parks.

Also note that (at least the last time I visited) the $.99 refills were available at the 3 Brooksticks for iced tea and apple or pear cider, which was a nice change after too many carbonated sodas.

We have two of the red cups and popcorn buckets that we have used for the past few years. Never an issue.

we have several different ones on hand that my kids just had to have due to whatever character was 'hot' that year. my fav is the shrek cup since I has a handle u can attach to a carabiner & hand on bag. No problem getting it filled earlier this year.

Yep, we have our red cup for soda and free water refills. Then we have a few popcorn buckets over the years. We bring both every trip as it's a real money saver to share.

My label from the red cup peeled off so now it's just a red cup. But still no issues with refills.

Yep, and last year, they even filled my SW cup that's the same size as the red cup. I don't think they care, as soda is one of the cheapest beverages to them.

I don't think they care, as soda is one of the cheapest beverages to them.

In general I'd say that's true. On another site it was mentioned that Coke Freestyle Cups can currently only be used for extra Coke Freestyle days and Hog's Head Beer Mugs (or any collector mug that originally contain alcohols) can't be used for refills. But your Butter Beer mug is fine (if not a little small).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter