Refillable Mugs - Do you Resuse them? Pics?

What Would You Do - Same Mug Different Stay

• Have You Reused Your Mug on Another Trip

• You Would Never Reuse You Mug on Your Next Trip

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all those we are on the holier then anyone mode about stupid mugs better make sure you all turn yourselves into the police and demand they give you speeding tickets each and every time you go ever the speed limit by even 1 mile.

after all when the posted limit is 55 and you are driving 56 you're breaking the law

and don't forget those shop lifting charges if you get home and realize the cashier didn't charge you for an item in your bag because you know now you didn't pay for it even it it's that pack of gum

etc...

otherwise you are all hypocrites

I think it is pretty ridiculous that Disney can't rely on their guests to follow the signs they have posted stating that mugs are good for one stay only. They shouldn't have to pay someone to stand at each mug refil station at each resort for 16 hours a day. That would be a lot of extra payroll that we would all end up paying for.

I also think it is pretty sad that so many people have the attitude that if you can get away with doing something, that makes it ok to do.:sad2:What is wrong with people anymore?

I agree with you a 100% maxiesmom. People that do this, it does increase Disney's operating expense even if fountain pop is cheap, it is still an expense and in every business that means the costs to consumers overall go up because they have to make up for that money. Disney is attempting to provide a relaxing atmosphere, so they would raise food court or DDP costs to make up for the loss in revenue in dining before they would make someones trip less magical. Bottomline is any business will not justify a loss in profit so people can steal, they simply raise prices.

There is a huge difference between a cashier messing up your shopping and someone taking a mug back with the intent to steal. Unless you are so poor you can't afford a new mug there is no excuse.

no actually there is no difference - unless you return and pay for whatever was missed you knowingly stole from the store -

the only difference is that those who bring their mugs back knew there were doing it before they did it - you not returning to the store to pay for something you intended to pay for but got left off by the cashier is still steeling only you didnt know it at the time - but you realized it and still did nothing

steeling is steeling no mater how you justify it

There is a huge difference between a cashier messing up your shopping and someone taking a mug back with the intent to steal. Unless you are so poor you can't afford a new mug there is no excuse.

I like how you rationalize your theft but jump all over someone else for a similar deed. :thumbsup2

I agree!:thumbsup2

And I love how someone always brings up the old "if you speed, you are breaking a rule, yadda yadda yadda." Because apparently if you speed then you can just throw all rules away and run around totally out of control. :rolleyes: Doing one bad thing is not an excuse to do another bad thing.

Stealing soda is from Disney is stealing just as sure as if you walked into one of their shops and put trading pins into your pocket. You are taking something that you are supposed to be paying for. That is stealing, no matter what the item is.

if you read it i also mentioned steeling items from a store

nice how people pick and choose what rules and laws they'll obey - whatever works for you i guess

Hi, question/opinions..

I will be purchasing mugs for my upcoming trip... 7/8-7/16. For a few of those days my DD will be staying at Coronado Springs with a friend. Her friend is diabetic and she is going to a friends and families of diabetes convention with them on property. Both girls will then be joining me back at POP when the convention is over. ( This is all legit) both girls are being paid for on a package for their entire stays etc... just want to avoid any comments on that.;) My DD will be with me on Day 1 at POP. If I purchase I mug for her to use, will it not be honored at CSR since they have different mugs? I was going to send her receipt with her to show it was purchased on this trip and she will have her KTTW tickets/room keys to show CSR/POP.

Anyone ever do this or see people using the "regular" mugs at CSR and if so, was there a problem? I understand that answers may vary from everyone's experience, just trying to see what the general vibe has been. Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

And this is why these threads get locked down. We are not discussing speeding or what to do if a cashier makes a mistake on your bill. We are discussing reuse of refillable mugs.
Is it a huge world affecting issue? Of course not. But if someone comes here and asks what they are allowed to do, we are going to tell them the situation. Disney states you are to use your mug during the stay in which you bought it. You can refill it at any resort beverage station..which is nice for those split stays. But they aren't good for future trips. BUT...we all know that Disney doesn't do anything to prohibit you from bringing your mugs back on subsequent trips. They can stop this practice any time they want. They know it's going on, they choose to do nothing about it.
There will be guests that feel they want to follow the rules and get new mugs on each trip. There are guests who stay at the same resort so don't get a new mug for those stays. Then there are the guests who never get a new mug. They bring their old mugs on every single trip, with no problems.

Stealing? I guess it is. But I only have an issue with those who are refilling containers that are not refillable mugs bought at WDW. That irks me no end. But if you want to reuse your POR mug, bought in '01, on every single trip, go for it. It's not up to me to enforce Disney's statements.
But...if someone asks what the policy is, I'm going to tell them. And that will be what Disney has written on the signage at the food courts. I will also tell them that Disney doesn't much care if you reuse your mugs on future visits.

But again...this has nothing to do with speeding. Or shopping at your mall or grocery store. Nothing whatsoever.

all those we are on the holier then anyone mode about stupid mugs better make sure you all turn yourselves into the police and demand they give you speeding tickets each and every time you go ever the speed limit by even 1 mile.

after all when the posted limit is 55 and you are driving 56 you're breaking the law

and don't forget those shop lifting charges if you get home and realize the cashier didn't charge you for an item in your bag because you know now you didn't pay for it even it it's that pack of gum

etc...

otherwise you are all hypocrites

Exactly!:thumbsup2 And until Disney posts a guard at each drink station, and monitors who is filling up with what, who are we to be judge and jury? I have way too many things to do and see on my vacation than worry about what mugs other guests are using.

Exactly!:thumbsup2 And until Disney posts a guard at each drink station, and monitors who is filling up with what, who are we to be judge and jury? I have way too many things to do and see on my vacation than worry about what mugs other guests are using.
And until they id check or keylock the pool areas pool hopping is fine. After all both situations have signs stating the rules.

And until they id check or keylock the pool areas pool hopping is fine. After all both situations have signs stating the rules.

However, pool hopping does in fact, impact others. But that's another argument for another thread :thumbsup2

..We are planning a stay at SSR and I was wondering if you can get refillable mugs there?
Thanks!

Disney shouldn't have to post drink guards. They should be able to rely on the integrity of its guests. Too bad so many people seem to be lacking in that area.:sad2: And the rest of us get stuck with higher costs because of it.

I WILL SAY THIS I DID NOT POST THIS THREAD TO HAVE PEOPLE FIGHT...PLEASE RESPECT EACH OTHERS OPINIONS AND STAY ON TOPIC ...WE ARE ALL MATURE AND CAN HAVE A DISCUSSION WITHOUT MAKING PEOPLE FEEL BAD ... THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON ... JUST A GENERAL COMMENT ....HAVE A DISNEY DAY AND SPREAD PIXIE DUST :thumbsup2

So does stealing soda, Disney is not making a loss they simple add the cost on elsewhere.
How are they adding the cost onto something else, because it's a known fact they get the syrup for the drinks for free from Coca Cola and that has also been confirmed by several Cast Members.

How are they adding the cost onto something else, because it's a known fact they get the syrup for the drinks for free from Coca Cola and that has also been confirmed by several Cast Members.

this is true. My husbands good friend works for coca cola and they give them tons of free stuff in exchange for the ability to serve coca cola products in their parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter