Refillable mugs and VWL?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I've been wondering how many of you get the refillable mugs at WL when you're staying in the Villas? I wouldn't think they'd be as cost effective as if you're staying in a hotel room, but they still would make neat souveniers. However, do you find they come in handy, or if you do buy them, is it primarily for the "souvenier" value?

I was at VWL for 7 days in early January. It was unusually cold there at that time. I had already bought a refillable mug and I know that I payed for it just in hot chocolate alone.

I think that they are a great deal and I have one from every resort that I've stayed in. I buy them for the value. I do keep them but I don't personally consider them collectors items.

While staying at VWL we find that we don't eat in our room that often. The kids like to pick up a quick bite at the Roaring Forks so we actually got alot of use out of our refillable mugs. Also I don't tend to make coffee in the room, don't make it at home either, we're take out coffee types so we used our mugs for that also.

We were in the Villas in Nov. We got the mugs and I would go down in the mornng for a pastry or something for breakfast and fill the mugs, and I would usually go down in the evening and get something and take back to the room. We did not do a food stop on the way this year. The mugs can be used for now on according to the sign posted when you buy them. So we plan on using them this year when we go down in Dec.

We bought refillable mugs at VWL during our last trip, and I'm sure we didn't get any value out of them, but we sure did like them!! We mainly used them when we went to the pool. It was much more convient to walk to Roaring Forks for a drink, than lugging some from the room, and if we wanted more, a short stroll.

When we bought our refillable mugs on our first trip to WL, they told us they were good for life. Free soft drinks for life? But when we came back two years later, they didn't bat an eye as we refilled our mugs!

You really can't beat that as a deal! :)

Refillable mugs are also available at BWV. Stop by Seashore Sweets. They are also supposed to be good for life and can be used at Leaping Horse Libations as well.

Ralph

They are about $10 and are good for hot chocolate, coffee, and soft drinks.

Tricia

Are they only good for the resort that you purchase them at? For example, we'll be splitting our stay between BWV (4 nights) and WLV (4 nights). Can we just buy the one mug and use at both places, or do we have to buy a mug for each place we stay? I imagine it would still be cost effective, either way. With all the swimming we do and running to the parks in the morning, I'm sure we'll use them...

I don't think they're intended to be used at different resorts from the one you buy at.

But with the "good for life" deal, it's still a good deal to own at any DVC location that sells them. Ought to be able to make them pay out over the next 40 years! :D

I love the mugs-- we haven't had the opportunity to use the ones at BWV yet, but we will next month. I got a DVC mug at OKW a couple of years ago (it wasn't refillable, I just wanted it) and I use it all the time to bring softdrinks with me in the car, etc. It's just another little touch of "home"! ;)

The mugs are great. We bought them during our first stay at WL several years ago and we have been using them ever since. We are a bit farther away from the Roaring Forks now that we stay at VWL, but it is a nice walk in the morning to go get some pastry and a cup of coffee.

They paid for themselves on the first trip. We put them in storage when we go home. We only use them at Disney.

I bought a mug when we were at VWL & it paid for itself just with afternoon soft drinks & I can use it again when we come back

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter