refillable mug?

yankeepenny

DVC owner at Saratoga Springs Resort
My first trip is sept 06(CBR) what is the refillable mug,
and can I get GOOD coffee?
Also, not to sound stupid, but for the resttime in the room, can you get a newspaper?
Can hardly wait, I have been waiting 30 years to go !!!!

Big question is : Where are you staying?

A refillable mug is a very handy thing to prevent dehydration. Let's say you stay at Port Orleans French Quarter. You buy a mug (we get one for everyone). There are 2 sizes, small and medium. They are both insulated so you can put in hot or cold.You go to the foodcourt and can have unlimited whatever that comes out of the machines in the center. Soda, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. One price to buy the mug. Believe me, if you are there at least 4 days you easily get your monies worth. And if you back within a reasonable amount of time, they will still have the same mugs and voila, a really good deal is born.

As for the coffee, I don't drink any, but the word is that the regular coffee is crappy nescafe and some have said that even the Kona coffee in the Poly isn't what it should be, but I would think that going there would be your best bet.

And yes you can get a newspaper in any resort. The better ones deliver them to you to boot!

You are going to have such a great time, I wish we were there with you! :yay:

Alan :wave2:

As far as the refillable mug thing....POR has had only one size when we've been. There are two different styles(the travel kind that fits in the cup holder easier and the fat kind. I saw a tip on here several months ago that stated the travel one, even though it looks smaller, actually holds a little more liquid...they are the same price). I THINK one of the resorts does have a BIG refillable mug, but unsure which one. As far as it being worth the money, it depends on whether or not you'll use it everyday at least once over the course of a week or so. They run about $12 I think.

Whether you realize it or not :rolleyes: you have opened up a can of worms with this question. The mugs are only good for one stay and you aren't really supposed to use them on any subsequent trips, though some people do. Just be aware that the mods and the board rules won't tolerate anyone encouraging the use of mugs after your initial stay. Yep...even though these threads can sometimes run several pages, they invariably get locked up...all over the heated discussions of a plastic mug.

Whether or not you use it again is your choice, but I encourage you to not discuss it here. I'm actually betting that someone out there is already assuming you've started this thread just to raise a ruckus....and I'm only saying THAT because just the words "refillable mug" are enough to send people scattering about like little chameleons, running to hide on a leaf or under a rock. It can be ridiculous the things people wanna pick, pick, pick about. :rolleyes:

As far as the coffee...bring your own for the in room coffee maker if you are a fanatic. I don't mind the coffee, but my coffee freako DH doesn't like it at all. It supposedly is a brewed Nescafe, but many people think it tastes like instant. As long as its not Charbuck's I'm good :teeth: .

I have only heard good things about the Kona coffee at the Poly, but you do need to go into the restaurant and be seated to get it. There is a small coffee stand outside Kona, but it's NOT Kona coffee. DH did get some a few months ago and said it was good. Also, there is a coffee shop by the elevators on the first floor of the Contemporary...DH really liked this also.
If you are eating at Boma, they also have pressed pots of coffee.

I sure would hope that people wont think that the OP is trying to open a can of worms. This definately seems like a very legit question coming from someone who has not had this experience.

to the OP. Refilable mugs are purchased from your resort. They are only good throughout that stay and can only be filled from the resort you are staying at. Not to say you cant take your filled mug of coffee into a park. That is fine. We do that and then we will fill up with water at the fountains there too.

I think the OP may have been asking what are the guidlines for the refilable mugs.

One thing you can rest assured of is that you cannot get good coffee in refillable mugs!

bicker said:
One thing you can rest assured of is that you cannot get good coffee in refillable mugs!

Well, now....that's not ENTIRELY true...you can if you make your own in your room :teeth:

Sorry, OP...I certainly wasn't accusing you of trying to open a can of worms...I just know there are many holier than thou people on these boards who may have been thinking it.

Here's some decent info in a nutshell:

1. You purchase your mug(usually one size, from my experience) at your resort food court or restaurant.
2. The cost is approx. $12
3. The mug is refillable whenever you want at your resort for the length of your stay only.
4. You cannot refill your mugs in the parks, but feel free to grab a drink in the morning on your way and take it into the parks.
5. According to bicker and my DH(and thousands of others), it is virtually impossible to get good coffee in your refillable mug. :teeth:

yankeepenny said:
My first trip is sept 06(CBR) what is the refillable mug,
and can I get GOOD coffee?
Also, not to sound stupid, but for the resttime in the room, can you get a newspaper?
Can hardly wait, I have been waiting 30 years to go !!!!

You state you are staying at CBR so I'm not sure about the newspaper situation. At the WL and other deluxes we have received a USA Today delivered to our door Mon. thru Fri.. I'm not sure if the moderates get the same thing. I'm sure the gift shop will sell newspapers.

Below is a link for refillable mugs.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/mugs.htm

We stayed at CBR on our last trip- newspapers can be purchased at Old Port Royale.
As far as coffee goes...one thing I've learned traveling is that good coffee isn't as popular everywhere as it is at home! I'm from the East coast and coffee is huge up here! I got coffee each morning in my refillable mug at the food court and it was...okay. It was good enough for me to get my coffee-fix but I couldn't wait to have coffee at home! But I didn't go to Disney for the coffee! Hope that helps!

We got refillable mugs, they were great and not a bad souvenier either. As for the coffee I don't mean to be mean but I don't think WDW knows what coffee is. Bring your own if you want a great cup of coffee you won't regret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter