Refillable Mug ??s...Can we fill w/ice water at restaurants?

charliehorse6

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if we take our refillable mugs (staying at POR) to the parks, can we get ice water from the CS restaurants around the parks from the soda machines? FIRST TIMER...sorry if this is redundant...I can't seem to find this specific question addressed anywhere else on site...

THANK YOU!

I think there's very few CS restaurants with "fill your own" beverage areas. You could still ask for a cup of water when you order, and then pour into your own mug.

Agreed - there are very few CS in the parks with do it yourself refill stations. A CS without a station will not take your mug into the food service area to fill it for sanitary reasons, but you can ask for a cup of water and pour it into your mug.

If you want to find a CS with a refill station and get water from there, you probably could, but if someone who works there is in the area they may question you if they're not aware that you're only filling with water. It may also be possible that you won't be permitted to take the water. Again, you can ask at the counter for a cup for some water, then pour the water into your mug.

Thank you...that makes sense...I just am a little grossed out about public water fountains, and feel that refilling with a cup from one of the restaurants would be fresher, not to mention the ice - going in late August...!

I haven't tried it myself, but I've read in several places that all WDW counter service restaurants in the park will give you a free cup of ice water. Maybe they don't want guests passing out from dehydration?!
Can anyone confirm that you can get free ice water on request?

Any CS where I've asked for water they have provided a cup. I don't pay for bottled water so it's been helpful to get it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter