Refillable mug QUESTION (not VENT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel Wanna-be

“And when my time is up, have I done enough?”
We're going down to PO-R on a Thursday, staying through Sunday, leaving for a Disney cruise Sunday thru Thursday, then staying at POFQ for Thursday thru Saturday.

So, we'll be at PO-R for three nights, then gone for four nights, then back at POFQ for two nights.

My question is this: since Port Orleans Riverside and FQ are "sister resorts" (where even pool hopping is allowed), would I have to purchase new mugs for the second portion of our trip, or could I use the mugs that I will purchase during the first part of our trip? If I'd have to repurchase mugs, I'll skip them because it wouldn't be cost-efficient.

Footnote to the mug police: I have our PO-R mugs from last year, but I'll be leaving them home!

Ariel Wanna-be said:
Footnote to the mug police: I have our PO-R mugs from last year, but I'll be leaving them home!

Love it. :rotfl2: As far as I'm concerned it's all one visit to Disney. Buy a mug and use it for your entire stay. But I'm just your average mug citizen. :jester:

Yes, you can use your PO Riverside mugs for the whole trip, even after you return to POFQ after the cruise for those last couple days.

What's lovely about the cruise now, too, is that they stopped policing soda use on the boat. It used to be you had to buy a soda sticker for 30 dollars, now your sodas are refillable for free throughout the trip. Saw some of those resort mugs on the boat!

Ariel Wanna-be said:
We're going down to PO-R on a Thursday, staying through Sunday, leaving for a Disney cruise Sunday thru Thursday, then staying at POFQ for Thursday thru Saturday.

So, we'll be at PO-R for three nights, then gone for four nights, then back at POFQ for two nights.

My question is this: since Port Orleans Riverside and FQ are "sister resorts" (where even pool hopping is allowed), would I have to purchase new mugs for the second portion of our trip, or could I use the mugs that I will purchase during the first part of our trip? If I'd have to repurchase mugs, I'll skip them because it wouldn't be cost-efficient.

I would imagine considering the other major abuses of this system, this would not be a problem at all.

I do have a question though, what do you call those that are against or make fun of the mug police, are they the Anti Mug Police or Mug Police Protestors? Are there Mug Abusers? Soda Sneaks? ;)

I could care less what anyone does or does not do with their mug, but I never understand why it's ok to poke fun at those with different opinions. Seems kinda sad to me. Especially if you read the current thread about Mug use, I feel for the OP she was literally verbally harassed in my opinion. And all she had was an opinion some don't agree with. :sad2:

Ladyhawke10 said:
What's lovely about the cruise now, too, is that they stopped policing soda use on the boat. QUOTE]

I wanted to clarify (because I re-read my post and thought my verb usage of policing may be misconstrued) that I am against the flagrant abuse of the mug system (7-11 cups and plastic bread bags, anyone?) but I was happy that they removed the system of monitoring the sodas on the cruise and enjoyed the new policy of free sodas.

The unfortunate thing about posting on line is that people can't hear the tone or inflection of your voice. Even with all the ;) :) :goodvibes :rotfl:
sometimes people could take it differently than it was intended.

I think people are just trying to make light of things, if that makes any sense. At least that's what I'm doing (I'm not disrespecting opinions one way or another) because the world, is way, way too serious most of the time. Where I come from we're a medley of cultures and ways, and we often use humor as a way of diffusing the differences and keeping things laid back and light hearted.

nwdisgal said:
I think people are just trying to make light of things, if that makes any sense. At least that's what I'm doing (I'm not disrespecting opinions one way or another) because the world, is way, way too serious most of the time. Where I come from we're a medley of cultures and ways, and we often use humor as a way of diffusing the differences and keeping things laid back and light hearted.

Amen. I've now seen the "Mug Police" and the "POR Mafia". Keep 'em comin'. Keep us smilin'. :earboy2:

I do have better things to worrys about but, on our trip just a couple of weeks ago, I saw a woman with a Dixie Landings mug, same one I got 4 years ago on our trip :sad2:

What's with the "free soda on the cruise" comment? What am I missing ... I thought that the cruise was an "all inclusive" type deal. Am I totally naive or what??? Do you mean there are refillable mugs on the DCL that you have to buy ??? My friends are on the Magic as we speak ... if I'd have known, I would have asked them to buy me some for souvenirs! Ya know, so that while I'm using it at work for water, I can "pretend" that I actually WENT on the cruise! ;)

MaryLiz

maryliz said:
What's with the "free soda on the cruise" comment? What am I missing ... I thought that the cruise was an "all inclusive" type deal. Am I totally naive or what??? Do you mean there are refillable mugs on the DCL that you have to buy ??? My friends are on the Magic as we speak ... if I'd have known, I would have asked them to buy me some for souvenirs! Ya know, so that while I'm using it at work for water, I can "pretend" that I actually WENT on the cruise! ;)

MaryLiz

Traditionally cruises gave you unlimited coffee, tea and lemonade. You paid, per glass, for soda. Cruise ships then came up with a deal that allowed you to pay a flat fee for unlimited soda.

I'm not sure what Disney is currently doing.

...to answer your question, I call them Mug Moochers. ;)

I was just trying to keep things lighthearted, since I had a sincere question, and not a "I hate people who re-use the mugs, don't you?!?" thread. I'm pretty sure we already have one of those, lol.

I'm sorry I offended you.

Ladyhawke10 said:
What's lovely about the cruise now, too, is that they stopped policing soda use on the boat. It used to be you had to buy a soda sticker for 30 dollars, now your sodas are refillable for free throughout the trip. Saw some of those resort mugs on the boat!
WOW! This is news to me!! :goodvibes Since we do not consume too much soda, this always seemed a waste of $$. We bought one mug as a souvenier, and for a soda now and then. We are on the Magic cruise in June out of Los Angeles,so this is truly GREAT news! Thanks so much for the day-brightener!! :goodvibes

Lewisc said:
Traditionally cruises gave you unlimited coffee, tea and lemonade. You paid, per glass, for soda. Cruise ships then came up with a deal that allowed you to pay a flat fee for unlimited soda.

I'm not sure what Disney is currently doing.

On our recent Magic cruise sodas were free throughout the cruise...but this had been a change from the year before. Disney used to charge extra (30$ for an unlimited drink sticker) for refills on the ship throughout the cruise. I think I made things confusing by adding in the refillable mug issue...there weren't any cruise refillable mugs per se on my last cruise (Thanksgiving 2004), people were just using their WDW resort mugs to get soda (on occasion) rather than the cups that were out, but all the soda was free anyway, so it didn't matter what you put the soda in.

I love refillable mug posts! can someone please ask if they can use them on subsequent trips, and then someone say no, then someone say yes, then someone say that a cm told them that they could use them forever, then someone chastise everyone for being dishonest, then someone say people should just mind their own business, then a moderator says to clean it up, then someone gets mad, then the post gets closed... like I said, i love refillable mug posts!

Sammie said:
I would imagine considering the other major abuses of this system, this would not be a problem at all.

I do have a question though, what do you call those that are against or make fun of the mug police, are they the Anti Mug Police or Mug Police Protestors? Are there Mug Abusers? Soda Sneaks? ;)

I could care less what anyone does or does not do with their mug, but I never understand why it's ok to poke fun at those with different opinions. Seems kinda sad to me. Especially if you read the current thread about Mug use, I feel for the OP she was literally verbally harassed in my opinion. And all she had was an opinion some don't agree with. :sad2:

I actaully think it is a good idea to get a nicknames for the anti-mug police. SodaSneaks does seem to have a ring to it. Anyone else?

...is this thread still open?

Ariel Wanna-be said:
...to answer your question, I call them Mug Moochers. ;)

I was just trying to keep things lighthearted, since I had a sincere question, and not a "I hate people who re-use the mugs, don't you?!?" thread. I'm pretty sure we already have one of those, lol.

I'm sorry I offended you.

That's 2 (Mug Moochers, Soda Sneaks)... let's keep 'em coming!

WorldlyWise said:
I actaully think it is a good idea to get a nicknames for the anti-mug police. SodaSneaks does seem to have a ring to it. Anyone else?

...is this thread still open?

If the people who favor enforcing the drink refill rules are "the mug police" than the people who take the drinks must the the criminals or soda thieves. You don't really need police if you don't have criminals. The "free soda" group are the ones who use the term "mug police". I guess that says it all.

The reality is Disney's current policy is free drinks. Not because a friend of a friend remembers a CM saying it was free for life but because the current cm's chose not to enforce the rules. I still remember people debating the meaning of the words on the sign. The rules are clear and the current state of enforcement is also clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter