• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable Mug Pricing

Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade your length of stay from 14 days to 20 days? I am staying in 3 resorts for a grand total of 20 days. How or where or when I do upgrade from 14 days to 20 days?

We are staying for 21 nights in 3 different resorts and have the deluxe dining plan for the first 2 nights.
Last year we did the same and were able to use our mugs, included with the dining plan, for the entire 21 nights but this year I was told that the dining plan mugs will only work for 2 days then I will need to buy new mugs ($17.99 each) for the next 14 days and yet more new mugs (again £17.99 each) for our last 5 days!

Yet another example of Disney charging more for less value! :mad:

We are staying for 21 nights in 3 different resorts and have the deluxe dining plan for the first 2 nights.
Last year we did the same and were able to use our mugs, included with the dining plan, for the entire 21 nights but this year I was told that the dining plan mugs will only work for 2 days then I will need to buy new mugs ($17.99 each) for the next 14 days and yet more new mugs (again £17.99 each) for our last 5 days!

Yet another example of Disney charging more for less value! :mad:

.....you are spot on ...but for the full effect ...wait till you see the food prices.!

I'm not sure where I read it, but I remember hearing that if your stay was continuous, you would not have to buy a new mug, and that at the end of 14 days you could have them "reprogram" the mug to add the extra days. I don't think there was a cost to this. (And it seems like if you asked 3 people, you'd get 3 different, conflicting answers!) I'm not sure how it works with the dining plan though. I could see you having to buy another mug after your DDP portion is over, not that I'm saying it is the correct thing to do IMO. But for the next 2 portions of your trip, I think 1 mug should suffice.
I was at YC a couple days before they went "live". I was able to go to several resorts and use the mug, and it displayed the expiration date the same on every rapid fill activated dispenser.
It's too bad the CMs don't seem to know how this works. Several articles have stated they can be refilled at any resort, so I don't know why the CMs don't know. And I tested this out myself a few weeks ago and can verify at least up until Sept 6 that the mugs worked at different resorts.

I'm not sure where I read it, but I remember hearing that if your stay was continuous, you would not have to buy a new mug, and that at the end of 14 days you could have them "reprogram" the mug to add the extra days. I don't think there was a cost to this. (And it seems like if you asked 3 people, you'd get 3 different, conflicting answers!) I'm not sure how it works with the dining plan though. I could see you having to buy another mug after your DDP portion is over, not that I'm saying it is the correct thing to do IMO. But for the next 2 portions of your trip, I think 1 mug should suffice.
I was at YC a couple days before they went "live". I was able to go to several resorts and use the mug, and it displayed the expiration date the same on every rapid fill activated dispenser.
It's too bad the CMs don't seem to know how this works. Several articles have stated they can be refilled at any resort, so I don't know why the CMs don't know. And I tested this out myself a few weeks ago and can verify at least up until Sept 6 that the mugs worked at different resorts.

We were at POP 3 weeks ago and bought the mugs before they put the RFID ones on the shelf (we paid $15.49). Three days after we bought them, the new RFID ones hit the shelf ...and 3 days after that ...the machines "went live" ....but it didn't matter because any old cup, mug, bowl, trough ...would work!! When asking the people at the check in desk a question about the mugs ....they looked like a deer in headlights .......:confused:

....it appears that confusion amongst CM's is now standard operating procedure.

From the Disney Food Blog

Guests will be able to purchase mugs for a particular time frame, anywhere from one day to the length of their Disney stay. (Note that a “day” is considered one calendar day, not a 24-hour period. So if you arrive at 11:00pm and activate your mug, the first day will end at midnight that night.) Here is the current pricing:

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for length of stay (currently set at 14 consecutive days, but may be able to be manually extended by a Cast Member)

The mug is good for coffee too, right? I could easily drink $18 in coffee the first day! Lol

we are staying at AKL for 5 days then switching to OKW for 3 woud we have to buy 2 sets of mugs or would that still count as 1 trip for $17.99

Just got back and you can most definitely use at multiple resorts, even resorts you aren't staying. We refilled at Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Poly. We stayed at AoA, Boardwalk, AKL. We used the mugs at both Jambo and Kidani. Every resort we visited had the Rapid Fill systems installed.

I have not seen a coffee dispenser with the Rapid Fill screen. So, as of right now, there is nothing preventing you from pouring coffee into any cup (technically).

Just got back and you can most definitely use at multiple resorts, even resorts you aren't staying. We refilled at Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Poly. We stayed at AoA, Boardwalk, AKL. We used the mugs at both Jambo and Kidani. Every resort we visited had the Rapid Fill systems installed.

I have not seen a coffee dispenser with the Rapid Fill screen. So, as of right now, there is nothing preventing you from pouring coffee into any cup (technically).

We just got back as well and tried to refill twice at Bowardwalk Bakery and were not able to. We got our mugs at CBR and were walking back and forth between DHS and EP and tried both ways at the Boardwalk Bakery. It sensors never picked up the mugs. :confused3

We just got back as well and tried to refill twice at Bowardwalk Bakery and were not able to. We got our mugs at CBR and were walking back and forth between DHS and EP and tried both ways at the Boardwalk Bakery. It sensors never picked up the mugs. :confused3

Do your mugs say Rapid Fill on the side?

I stayed at YC, came home on Sept 7, and had no problem refilling at BW Bakery.
When I purchased my mug, purple lid, some of them said Rapid Fill, others didn't. I got one that didn't say it, but it had the chip and worked fine at other locations.

So, if I purchase a refillable mug at AoA for $17.99, I can refill for all 5 days we are there. But, how many times a day can I refill it? Did I read that there needs to be a time lapse between refills?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter