>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Checked in at Movies today, only have the mugs with handles however they only have blue and red.

Wow, I sure hope they decided to keep/go back to the handled mugs. I've actually been collecting them from D'land & D'World for years. I like the handle and agree that it's much easier to get family & friends refills if you've got handles to hold onto (or maybe we need the $19.99 accessory MyTrayMagic+, ;) ). I've seen lots of folks clip the handles to backpacks/bags and I've done that once or twice, too. I sympathize with Disney looking to cut costs, though. My family won't be at Disney World till October this year so, hopefully they'll have it all worked out by then.

When we were there last week, BC had only red mugs with handles. CM said a new batch was coming once all the old were sold out. She also said there will be 5 colors. Anyone know what the colors are?

Think of how many kids will drop the handle-less mugs which if they crack WDW will replace free and then how many man hours of clean up time plus law suits or offers of compensation from spilled drinks and people falling. Doesn't seem like a money saver in the end to me. If they are going handle-less they should re-design to a more ergonomic shape and/or add some type of grip material.

I usually run down and fill all the mugs for my family of 5 as I am always the first one up. What a pain! I'll be at BC 8/15 and I was hoping they would still have the handled ones but it doesn't look that way.

I usually run down and fill all the mugs for my family of 5 as I am always the first one up. What a pain! I'll be at BC 8/15 and I was hoping they would still have the handled ones but it doesn't look that way.

You'll be fine. I'm the breakfast runner too and am always coming back with 3 breakfasts and 5 mugs using a tray with zero problems. :thumbsup2

I always get hot coffee or hot chocolate in my mugs - not soda - since they had handles I've never "felt" the outside of the mug - are they going to be cool enough with hot liquid in them to not burn your hands? I know they are double walled and all but ...I suspect I will buy a new one and then use my old one for coffee since at this point the coffee machines don't have the RFID chip in them! or will try to "reactivate" my old one and just have my receipt on me at all times!

or will try to "reactivate" my old one and just have my receipt on me at all times!

Good idea.

since they had handles I've never "felt" the outside of the mug - are they going to be cool enough with hot liquid in them to not burn your hands?

I've held it with coffee, and it's totally fine. Maybe a little warmer than my Tervis at home gets with my coffee in it, but just warm. Nowhere even in the region of burning-level.

When we were there last week, BC had only red mugs with handles. CM said a new batch was coming once all the old were sold out. She also said there will be 5 colors. Anyone know what the colors are?

Oh I hope this is true! We will be at the BC in two weeks! Five colors would be awesome since we will be getting five cups!

I always get hot coffee or hot chocolate in my mugs - not soda - since they had handles I've never "felt" the outside of the mug - are they going to be cool enough with hot liquid in them to not burn your hands? I know they are double walled and all but ...I suspect I will buy a new one and then use my old one for coffee since at this point the coffee machines don't have the RFID chip in them! or will try to "reactivate" my old one and just have my receipt on me at all times!

This is a good point, it really doesn't get that hot but you never know with people. I hope they have a warning on them regarding hot liquids because they are asking for trouble if they don't. I personally would understand that coffee is hot but like I said you never know with people. Here in Canada someone actually sued Tim Hortons (I think it was) because they burned themselves from the coffee and now its a requirement to put the warning on the cups.

Don't most kids drink out of cups without handles every day at home? I don't understand why they would all of a sudden be incapable of carrying a cup that had no handle. Lol
I was thinking the same thing.

The only cups that my son drank from when he was little, was "sippy cups." They were much smaller than actual cups and had a valve.

Once he was past that, he used cups without handles.

It is kind of like needing a straw when dining out. How many people look funny at the waitstaff if they forget to give straws? Do these people really use them at every meal at home?

This is a good point, it really doesn't get that hot but you never know with people. I hope they have a warning on them regarding hot liquids because they are asking for trouble if they don't. I personally would understand that coffee is hot but like I said you never know with people. Here in Canada someone actually sued Tim Hortons (I think it was) because they burned themselves from the coffee and now its a requirement to put the warning on the cups.

Pretty sure they already have that.

Coffee that one is meant to drink should never be hot enough to cause a serious burn on the skin. That's what the U.S. McDonald's suit was about in the 90s. They handed a woman coffee (which is generally meant to be drunk) that spilled and caused a burn bad enough there was the need for *skin grafts*. In her groin area. In that case McDs was known to have coffee hotter than it was supposed to be, and they had ignored multiple problems for years. No coffee should ever be that hot, especially when it's in an insulated container where you get no early warning from your hands. I would guess the Tim suit was as equally righteous as the McDonald's suit was.

Don't most kids drink out of cups without handles every day at home? I don't understand why they would all of a sudden be incapable of carrying a cup that had no handle. Lol

Personally, I don't think it will be the kids dropping mugs -- I think it will be the adults who are trying to wedge 3 or 4 mugs in the crook of their arm who will be dropping mugs. And a full mug is very top heavy so I'm sure many guests who try to balance them on a tray will also be having plenty of spills. I'm sure Disney will be offering (for a cost) clip-on handles and/or beverage carriers in no time. I've already mentioned to some friends who are heading to Disney in a few weeks that they should collect a few beverage carriers from fast-food restaurants (or my favorite -- the caddy from Thrity One) to take with them on their Disney trip so they have a way to carry their mugs.

Just checked into BC an hour ago and went to get our mugs. Learned they only had blue and red (they said I got the last blue.) Hard to believe this is the only 2 colors they have property wide so I came to the disboards to confirm. Kinda bummed this is the same info I'm reading here....was hoping for 4 different colors before making the purchase. Oh well...so glad all the disboards friends provide real time accurate information. Thanks guys! Happy Saturday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter