>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I hate the idea of no handles. I usually am the designated cup filler for the family where it was easy to carry multiple cups in one or both hands. Not to mention around the resort I some how end up holding my two daughters cups as well. I could even carry my daughter in one hand and cups in the other. This is going to make it a lot harder to handle. Just add this to the list of recently dumb ideas disney has had recently.

So with five mugs in our family I'm thinking maybe this was someone thinking this will stop one person from refilling multiple mugs at once and kind of forcing everyone to bring their own mug to the refill station? Then we will have to return to the room to leave them since we can't tie them by the handle to our stroller when we are done. So I guess less park time since we are walking back and forth to our room with the mugs?? I don't know. :confused3 I have my conspiracy theories :scratchin

So now I'm off to research carry bags! DH wants to just bring down a cardboard six pack holder....however....there are more options!!

This would be fine if you had all adults in your party . But with children they can't go and refill by themselves

I think they need to offer both styles of mugs, but I don't think this is about customer feedback. This is about saving more money. Maybe they need to eliminate that horrendous RFID chip. It can be annoying when its not working properly. Oh, they spent a ton of money getting that technology........so it will be used. I really do not like the new style mugs because they are cheaply constructed. We rarely refill our mugs and we only get them because they are included in the meal plan. Maybe they should reduce the price of the NOW very expensive meal plan and eliminate the "free" mugs.

oh no! my collection of a gazilion WDW mugs fit in my car. but while at WDW, I NEED the handles! I only have 2 hands!

I agree! Our fourth is still under three so we will only have five mugs, but that is what DH does, goes and get the drinks and brings them back. I have about two weeks for creativity! Wondering if chik-fil-a has a cardboard carrier, we are planning on lunch tomorrow there anyway!

If CFA doesn't have them, my local Sonic has really sturdy cardboard carriers. I occasionally pick up sonic happy hour drinks for our office and they work well!

The blog I read said it would go out to all depending on guest feed back. If it's going to all I'm kinda sad and a lot mad. We go in October: 2 adults 4 kids. I am that mom who will sneak out and fill everyone's mugs and get back to the room to wake everyone for breakfast. There is no way I can carry 6 mugs without handles. At least I have 2 months to get creative.

I hear ya, its just my DH and I, and now we will have a 7 month old, but still its so much easier to carry with handles esp when you have a long walk back to your room, plus a tray of food or shopping bags. I think its just very odd Disney is doing away them. Maybe they will change their minds later down the road.

Try carrying 5 filled mugs w/o handles back to your room. What a mess! A tray won't help. It tips overs. Don't like this change.

Staying at CBR. Earlier post says they have both for now. Will be there in 25 days. Do you think there will still have the ones with the handles by then?

handles makes it easier to carry multiple mugs at the same time. I wish they would leave the handles on the mugs.

Hopefully, guests will provide their feedback while at the resort.

So, how about lid colors? Just 2? If so, we'll need to use a sharpie on the bottom to identify which mug is whose!

I would bring different color lids from the old mugs with me. I bet they are the same size (since it would cost more to create a new mold)

Try carrying 5 filled mugs w/o handles back to your room. What a mess! A tray won't help. It tips overs. Don't like this change.

Staying at CBR. Earlier post says they have both for now. Will be there in 25 days. Do you think there will still have the ones with the handles by then?

I think they will until they run out of the ones with handles but at the same time I've read the ones with handles will be gone by the end of this week.

You guys... just wait. You can have a handle for your refillable mug. It'll be a $9.99 accessory option. And you can buy trinkets for it. Disney will brand the new handles MyMugMagic+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter