>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

In my opinion, I don't like the recent rumor. Although, I can't imagine why they would want the mugs not have handles. Disney will most likely claim it's cheaper. It maybe cheaper, but it will not be cheaper spending more on cleaning supplies to clean up spilt drinks that people will spill trying to juggle their mugs back to their resort room.

As for the coke machine rumor. I believe that they should've just stuck with the machine and system they've been using for years just to make it simpler. They'll claim it's cheaper than the old machine when in reality it will cost them more money refill the machines more frequently.

My guess is because there's talk of switching to the Coke Freestyle machines. They have two currently an POFQ during the food court renovation. I'm guessing the ones without the handle work better in the new machines. Totally my theory, based on total speculation! :)

I will be so happy if they switch to the Coke Freestyle machines. Hello Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke! I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do I prefer that it's caffeine free and diet and unfortunately that isn't really an option at Disney right now. My husband and I were actually discussing the fact that Disney *doesn't* have Freestyle machines in their food court restaurants when we were there last month. Then shortly after we returned home we saw the announcement that they were using them during the renovations at POFQ and I figured that was a trial run. Keeping my fingers crossed that they decide to go with them and have them installed by the next time we go to Disney.

Hopefully we will be offered a choice between handle or no handle but the cynic in me says they will only offer the no handle version because they are cheaper to make.

Without the different color handles on them to tell them apart, it'll be difficult to sort out who's mug on the counter is who's when filled with similar items.
Glad I have a full cabinet + some at home of the older styles.

Also, one thing I always loved about the handles is that I could take the mug with me in the morning with my coffee in it, and then after it was empty, I would wipe it out with a napkin and then I could attach it to my waist pack or back pack and not have to worry about it.

I will be so happy if they switch to the Coke Freestyle machines. Hello Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke! I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do I prefer that it's caffeine free and diet and unfortunately that isn't really an option at Disney right now. My husband and I were actually discussing the fact that Disney *doesn't* have Freestyle machines in their food court restaurants when we were there last month. Then shortly after we returned home we saw the announcement that they were using them during the renovations at POFQ and I figured that was a trial run. Keeping my fingers crossed that they decide to go with them and have them installed by the next time we go to Disney.

I don't drink soda at all but that's a very good point. They also have them in the DVC lounge as well. More options is always better for everyone.

For those that complain about the taste from freestyle machines, I am a water-only drinker; when go to get water, there's always a tiny bit of the previous drink selection at the end of the tap before just water comes out. Try running the drink for half a second before sticking your cup underneath to flush that out. That could be why you're getting a funny taste.

I like them going to mugs without handles. The old ones with handles generally don't fit in a car's cup holders. This will make them easier to reuse after coming home with them.

You can always bring your old mugs, with handles, and get them reactivated
Very true.
I like them going to mugs without handles. The old ones with handles generally don't fit in a car's cup holders. This will make them easier to reuse after coming home with them.
Well they sometimes fit in car cup holders. But, the point is Disney is trying to save a quick buck and they're not caring about costumer satisfaction and feedback.

Anywhere from 10 to 50 cents per mug. Is what I got looking on the internet
So, it is your guess that they don't have the handles because of the cost. Rather then they are maybe going to Freestyle Machines, and not having handles is a better option. Or that many people asked for no handles.

My point is, no one knows, at this time, why they did it.

That's true, but I also read that you cannot bring your old mug and refill it because you'll need to swipe your mug before you can refill it. So they do save money. Because if you could bring your old mug everyone would do it but because they have a sensor that means they make you and me pay $20 for an extra mug just for that trip.

Hate this. :sad1: I want a handle on my Disney mug, for ease of use at Disney. We like to clip mugs to bag while in the parks, and transfer drink to mug at park to keep cold longer, and ease of use. I also usually leave resort with coffee in my mug. By the time we get to park it's finished and I just go into washroom to rinse out and clip to my bag. Added benefit is we have our mugs when we return to resort and can refill on the way back to the room.
We carry small purses to parks so no room inside, so use caribiener to clip on to strap.

I don't think yiu will have access to the mug on the first and last day of your stay...

Yes, we always check in early evening, get our mugs, and use them right away. We also always use it the day we check out. It is good for length of stay as long as you get it with the dining plan or pay for length of stay use. HTH

I think they would be nicer without a handle, just for fitting into a bag. I do understand the challenge of holding a couple with one hand, though!

Freestyle machines are cool, but with how busy the food court gets at Pop, they would need to install so many! I don't drink soda much at all, though, so as long as there's still light lemonade or iced tea it's all good!

I'm glad I browsed this forum. I was actually just searching for caribeaners because I wanted to just clip mine to my cinch bag so I don't have to go back to the room. I do like the handles for that reason. Here's hoping in October handles are an option still. Or that there is some sort of clip option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter