• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable mug changes

Diet soda has no sugar/ calories. :) I got frustrated with the refill time too - I like to drink one fill up quickly and refill a second time for the road. I don't stay in the QS area normally. I don't feel like standing there 3 minutes (or whatever) while I wait to refill. I want to keep moving, lol!

Diet soda is full of artificial chemical sugar...much worse than actual sugar.

Not if you are diabetic
One could argue this one both ways. Certainly, for the diabetic, a Diet Soda is a much better choice then regular (full sugar) soda, however, I might argue that WATER is better then EITHER.

I am borderline Type II Diabetic and I have made HUGE lifestyle changes. I don't drink much soda at all. Even Diet Soda. Aspartame (equal), Saccharin (Sweet'n Low), or Sucralose (Splenda) all have their issues too. So even with "Diet" drinks I have to figure which of these chemicals I would prefer. I usually opt for Stevia (or one of the many variants of that too) but so many places don't offer it (yet). Then my next Artificial Sweetener is Saccharin, then Splenda. When it gets to Equal (Aspartame) I really (REALLY) consider it carefully as there is much negative review and studies about it (regardless of what the FDA says). This is all before we get to the "Coloring".

So I agree that Diet soda is better if you are diabetic, but NO Soda is better than EITHER (Diabetic or not).

Diet soda is full of artificial chemical sugar...much worse than actual sugar.

Well, if we're going there.. regular soda (unless its one of the "throwback" kinds) uses high fructose corn syrup, which is the worst of them all.

Not trying to start this debate, I just wish Disney would let me fill the mug up sooner, with whatever. :)

I know this has been answered ( I apologize for asking again), but of course I have been told differently when calling WDW.

If I have a split reservation, and purchase the dining plan, the mugs will be good for 14 days even if I only purchase the dining plan for the first part of my trip. Correct?? The cups are what make it past the break even for us so just want to make sure. I know if you purchase the cups its 14 days, was hoping someone who has used dining plan can verify based on their own experience. Thanks :drinking:

I know this has been answered ( I apologize for asking again), but of course I have been told differently when calling WDW.

If I have a split reservation, and purchase the dining plan, the mugs will be good for 14 days even if I only purchase the dining plan for the first part of my trip. Correct?? The cups are what make it past the break even for us so just want to make sure. I know if you purchase the cups its 14 days, was hoping someone who has used dining plan can verify based on their own experience. Thanks :drinking:
Correct

My family stays at Disney resorts, our plan the days after check-in:
Day 1 "Full day WDW park"
Day 2 "Rest / explore"
Day 3 "Full day WDW park"
Day 4 "Rest / explore"
etc.
Can refillable mugs purchased at your resort be used at other Disney resorts?
If yes, where is are the stations at Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht/Swan/Dolphin (our rest/explore day)?

We're staying at WL.....

My family stays at Disney resorts, our plan the days after check-in:
Day 1 "Full day WDW park"
Day 2 "Rest / explore"
Day 3 "Full day WDW park"
Day 4 "Rest / explore"
etc.
Can refillable mugs purchased at your resort be used at other Disney resorts?
If yes, where is are the stations at Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht/Swan/Dolphin (our rest/explore day)?

We're staying at WL.....

Yes the mugs are valid at any resort quick service. All resort quick service have refill machines. At Boardwalk it is at the Bakery. It's at the Marketplace at the Beachcub and maybe at Hurricane Hannah's by the pool.
Swan/Dolphin isn't a Disney resort so isn't compatible with the Disney mugs

New mug designs are here at Pop now!!! So far they are in green and purple.
Really curious to know if they are available at all resorts. I love the new design and I'm arriving at Riverside in a week. I was never fan of the previous design on the mugs, but the new one is just perfect!

Really curious to know if they are available at all resorts. I love the new design and I'm arriving at Riverside in a week. I was never fan of the previous design on the mugs, but the new one is just perfect!
They are hit and miss at the moment, but I'm sure more places will have them in a week.

Pics can be found on the Disney Food Blog site.

I saw the new mugs at AKL tonight. They're not quite as washed out as the previous design which we got when we arrived on 10/21 so that's nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter