Refillable cups

We have a green MIB and Spidey-super heroes from last year. Can we still use those?

It shouldn't be a problem. My MIB cup is last years model and I still use it.

Cool! thanks- Phamton! You ask this question (refillable mugs) on the Disney boards and it starts a war! LOL!

I'm glad to hear some of them have handles on them so they can be looped around fanny pack strap. I hate having to constantly hold something!

I just got the new Mummy refillable canteen. It holds a lot and has a carrying strap. Plus, I think it looks cool, lol. :p

Originally posted by cc1954
[B Beer cups are a different matter! Seems I get a different answer every time we go, including for refills during happy hours - but I do know we have saved considerably by using them!:drinking1 [/B]

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me how much the refillable beer mug costs, and how much beer refills are? I didn't realize this was an option! DH loves his beer in the sunshine!

Personally - I would ralph all over The Mummy!! LOL!

Are these refillable cups like the ones at the Disney resorts in shape and size?

They are not anything like the disney resort cups. They hold a lot more and come in different shapes, none of which are shaped like the Disney refill cups.

:wave2: I was just wondering if you can use these cups at the sit down restaurants? What about at City Walk?

Yes you can use the cups at the sit down restaurants. AT least those inside the park. We have had waiters who actually asked if we wanted ours refilled before we went back out to the park.

The counter service stands will always refill the cup with ice water for free as well! You can actually drink so much water in a dar, you get completely sick of it.

Do they still offer the souvenir cups with free refills for the day? Seems like that is only something they do during the peak season, and with only certain cups (the huge Spongebob shaped cup and the Cat in the Hat cup with the huge CINH shapped topper.)

Also, does Disney offer refilable cups? We went to Epcot last fall and asked about them, they looked at us like we had gone a third eye.

Originally posted by aaronr121

Also, does Disney offer refilable cups? We went to Epcot last fall and asked about them, they looked at us like we had gone a third eye.

Disney offers the refillable cup...but only through the resorts!
You have to purchase a cup for $8.95 at the hotel you are staying at...then you have unlimited refills at that resort...FOR FREE during your entire stay! That includes Iced tea, soda, water, juice, lemonade and coffee!

Besides the refillable resort cups, Disney also has refillable cups at Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon. But those are only good for the day of purchase. These are free refills for the day of purchase. The ones at Blizzard Beach and TL have a barcode on them that you scan them yourself at the self serve fountain bars.

I don't know why they offer them at Animal Kingdom and not at Epcot, MGM, or Magic Kingdom though.

Originally posted by aaronr121
Do they still offer the souvenir cups with free refills for the day? Seems like that is only something they do during the peak season, and with only certain cups (the huge Spongebob shaped cup and the Cat in the Hat cup with the huge CINH shapped topper.)
That varies. The current deal is that your first fill of a souvenir cup is free, and the rest are only $1.25+ tax for the rest of the day.

JoniGirl - Sorry for waiting a few days to reply; knew we were on our way for the AP event on Friday night, and wanted to "research" the answer for the beer glass question first hand:crazy:

Answer is: you will be charged the "large" beer amount for a refill of the beer "stein" (plastic beer stein shaped cup) that holds approximately 24 plus liquid ounces ( 2 cans of beer plus 1/2 inch of foam). I forgot to note the amount you pay for the initial purchase; we have had ours since last July, and although I was trying to pay attention to the price you pay for refill, I forgot to note what the current "buy" price is. I think it is around $10.?

Please also note that my son took this on as a research thing, and was using empty cans to fill with water, to figure out the proportions. Not that I was consuming beer - we just broke the research into liquids poured from measurable containers(empty beercans). We just guesstimated that the foam was supposed to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

And short of looking like the resident "lush" of this thread, I will quote Forrest Gump and say,

"And that is all that I have to say about THAT!":rolleyes1 :teeth:

Except I forgot to say that a large beer is $4.99 plus tax, approximately $5.34.

OOPS:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cc1954
JoniGirl - Sorry for waiting a few days to reply; knew we were on our way for the AP event on Friday night, and wanted to "research" the answer for the beer glass question first hand:crazy:

Answer is: you will be charged the "large" beer amount for a refill of the beer "stein" (plastic beer stein shaped cup) that holds approximately 24 plus liquid ounces ( 2 cans of beer plus 1/2 inch of foam). I forgot to note the amount you pay for the initial purchase; we have had ours since last July, and although I was trying to pay attention to the price you pay for refill, I forgot to note what the current "buy" price is. I think it is around $10.?

Please also note that my son took this on as a research thing, and was using empty cans to fill with water, to figure out the proportions. Not that I was consuming beer - we just broke the research into liquids poured from measurable containers(empty beercans). We just guesstimated that the foam was supposed to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

And short of looking like the resident "lush" of this thread, I will quote Forrest Gump and say,

"And that is all that I have to say about THAT!":rolleyes1 :teeth:

LOL!!

Thanks for the info! And thank your son for his awesome research!

Nowhere in Texas have I seen a refillable beer mug offered! Florida rocks!

:tongue:

We purchased the sponge bob cup a few years ago - may I still take it back and get refills (for the refill price) - that
would be great! It is a pain carrying it but on those hot days,
it comes in real handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter