Refillable Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we go again .... full circle, eh?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life,

I believe the point they are making is that you threw a fit with regards to pool hopping, but you wish to encourage others to break a clearly stated rule (i.e., resort mug guidelines). See any irony here?

I love these threads. I love it even more when someone contradicts their own 'ethics', so to speak. Let the hilarity ensue.

:stir: popcorn::

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
After reading your response in future mug threads if they ever come up after this one & I am sure they will, I will simply say if you purchased your mug during the free refils for life it's ok to bring back those mugs.

I told you my honest opinion, but I didn't say I agreed with doing it. You can do whatever you feel is right, but don't pin this on me- I will have no part of it- I am a full fledged DIS Police officer and cannot get stripped of my badge. What would my family say? :lmao:

A tangential question...

:confused3 What if you buy a paper cup for a soda at a food court at a resort? Are you allowed to refill it during the same meal?

LuluLovesDisney said:
I am a full fledged DIS Police officer and cannot get stripped of my badge. What would my family say? :lmao:

Oh tag fairy, Oh tag fairy wherefore art thou tag fairly!! :rotfl2:

I believe for the most part people agree mugs are meant for the duration of one's stay at that resort. However you'll see people filling all kinds of things at the soda station (mugs from all different resorts, paper cups, water bottles, and I believe I read on here once about someone seeing a little boy fill one of those large popcorn buckets with soda). As Jiminy Cricket says 'Let your conscious be your guide'.

The paper cups don't come with refills. Some businesses say it is free refills but there aren't any signs at WDW so no you can't refill them.

Bought mugs in '99 at DxL..they were good forever. Bought mugs at POR in '01, they had signs stating they were good for this stay only. Bought mugs on later trips (now have about 18 of the stupid things) and for the most part, they all state, on the mug itself, that the mug is good for refills during this stay at this resort only.
Seems pretty clear. Now, do some reuse their old mugs? Yep. do CMs say anything? Seldom happens, basically no. You all know what the 'rules' are, so do what your conscience tells you to do...just pretend Jiminy Cricket is there, right beside you at the refill station!!!

dalt01 said:
useing old mugs when you know you are not supposed to is theft of goods and services, no different than shoplifting except that the castmembers wont do anything so as to not rock the boat and listen to the whining. if that is the message some folks want to send to their children who are most likely involved i guess there is not much anyone can say that will change the way they do things. ive been on these boards for six years and this same question has been batted back and forth the whole time with no real happy ending in sight

You are right. You know I always wonder when people come up with the excuse that "I spent $xxx at Disney so that gives me the right to bring back my mug if I want" (or insert other ways to cheat Disney out of money here)-what is their $$ threshold to make it okay to cheat other companies? Is it $150 at Walmart and that makes it okay to stick a cd in your purse? Maybe $200 at Home Depot and then it's okay to put the gardening tools in your trunk without paying for them? I don't see a difference.

this is the hot buttom topic around here..... :stir:
I personally cannot see myself lugging a mug down, i will
buy one, and then bring it home, and chances are it is like others i have purchased elsewhere and they are recyclable, and i will take a few older ones from the cupboard and recyled those, and use the newly purchased ones for the next year at home...
:coffee:

I guess I just don't understand all this debate and arguing over a $12 mug. The way I see it, it's one of the cheapest souvenirs you can get on a Disney trip. I'll buy one in October and when I go again, I'll buy another one, even if it's the same resort and the same mug design. If somebody else wants to re-use an old mug to save $12, it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of my vacation. I won't view them as bad people who live to break the rules. I will, however, think of them as being a little cheap. And I'm not a person who has a boat load of money. I'm saving for this trip, so that I can enjoy myself.

You know, I think I'll have dinner out tonight. No, wait, I have some soup at home, I'll have that instead. There, you see, I just saved enough money to buy a souvenir mug at Disney World.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
After reading your response in future mug threads if they ever come up after this one & I am sure they will, I will simply say if you purchased your mug during the free refils for life it's ok to bring back those mugs.

Do you know how may years the free refills for life promotion lasted?
Thanks,

kjs said:
Do you know how may years the free refills for life promotion lasted?
Thanks,
Some guests have said free refills for a "lifetime" was offered in 1999 and others say it was offered in 2000. By 2001 the free refills for life was definitely not offered. By then Disney had posted signs stating they were to be used during the duration of your stay only.

There is some debate on these boards whether the free refills for a "lifetime"was really a policy or if guests and CM's selling them just misinterpreted what the policy actually was.

I do not think anyone has been able to come up with definite proof that the free "lifetime" refill was actually a policy, but then again as far as I know no one has been able to prove it did not exist.

My guess is that it did exist but for a very short period of time.

Just my 2 cents.

:happytv: same old mug convo...same old players.

Nothing new to say...?

For some reason, I expect more from the (self)badge(d) toting Dis police... :)

Huge stakes...little effort.

minnie61650 said:
Some guests have said free refills for a "lifetime" was offered in 1999 and others say it was offered in 2000. By 2001 the free refills for life was definitely not offered. By then Disney had posted signs stating they were to be used during the duration of your stay only.

There is some debate on these boards whether the free refills for a "lifetime"was really a policy or if guests and CM's selling them just misinterpreted what the policy actually was.

I do not think anyone has been able to come up with definite proof that the free "lifetime" refill was actually a policy, but then again as far as I know no one has been able to prove it did not exist.

My guess is that it did exist but for a very short period of time.

Just my 2 cents.

If something is advertised as 'good for life' I guess it should be good for life. Now, what does 'life' consist of? The life of the mug, the life of the resort, the life of the person buying the mug? Don't know.
BUT....since Disney hasn't yet made this a 'priority' I guess maybe we shouldn't either. If someone feels entitled to reuse their particular mug, then that's what they're going to do. Have I reused a mug? Yes... :blush: (bad me). But, I reused my POP mug, at POP, for just a one night stay. Okay, I guess that doesn't make it right, does it. But, each person has to do what they are comfortable doing. Nothing we say here is going to change anyone's mind. Until Disney changes the set-up, people will continue to reuse the mugs. Does this somehow impact me? As of yet, no. Hopefully, Disney will not take away the refill. mug benefit just to stop the reuse of mugs from previous stays. And that's all I'm going to say. This is not a 'black or white' issue...it's so very gray!!!! :drinking1

safetymom said:
The paper cups don't come with refills. Some businesses say it is free refills but there aren't any signs at WDW so no you can't refill them.
HUH :confused3 The food court at POR doen't have signs posted saying "no free refills". Also, it can be done because I saw a lot of people doing it...

On my recent trip to Pop Century, I witnessed people refilling mugs from other resorts as well as some people who actually had the nerve to refill mugs from a Kum & Go gas station!!! I admit, I was a little annoyed that I had just shelled out more than 40 bucks for new mugs for my family and here were people blatently cheating the system! They didn't even try to disguise it. They sat at the tables in the dining area drinking and refilling from their cups repeatedly!

Muziqal said:
:happytv: same old mug convo...same old players.

Nothing new to say...?

For some reason, I expect more from the (self)badge(d) toting Dis police... :)

Huge stakes...little effort.

What huge stakes? :confused3

When a newbie asks a question, they should be kindly informed of the policy. Then, if they choose to break the rules, it's on them. There are no huge stakes. Sorry we're not entertaining enough for you, Muzigal- I think mug debates are finally on their way out.

LuluLovesDisney said:
What huge stakes? :confused3

When a newbie asks a question, they should be kindly informed of the policy. Then, if they choose to break the rules, it's on them. There are no huge stakes. Sorry we're not entertaining enough for you, Muzigal- I think mug debates are finally on their way out.

Huge stakes = sarcasm my friend. I think goofy4tink got it. A sense of humour is a wonderful thing. :banana:

Apparently, mug debates aren't on their way out as long as the Dis police still feel it's a great issue to debate (791 views on this thread so far...seems pretty popular to me still). I come here to separate the fact from fiction as well.

And it's Muziqal, thanks :) . the g curves at the bottom in this font and the q doesn't. Plus, if you were to speak it, phonetically it makes a lot more sense with a q. Just correcting...but not offended.

I still think, after 1000+ mug debates, that it's Disney's apathy people are bothered with - not as much the person who abuses the honour system. Establishments that create honour systems know there is a section of society who will abuse them. Thus, they create a method of enforcement. If Disney's current method of enforcement is inadequate, why let things bother you so much? So much that you feel the need to police things? At some point, if Disney feels the need to amp up security, they will...and all mug abusers will be adeqautely embarrassed to your satisfaction. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter