Refill cup changes.

jon18uk

DIS Veteran
We just spent two days at Universal and noticed changes to the refill cups. The buy a cup and get 99c refills is gone. The only option is the Coke Freestyle mug. It's $13.99 for one, $12.99 for two or $10.99 for three or more. Then $6.99 to reactive for additional days. This gets you unlimited refills at the Freestyle machines. We also got a refill at the Simpsons food court counter, but at another kiosk we were sent to the nearest location with Freestyle machines instead.

The red refill cups have been gone for a while but did you happen to notice if the character cups are still for sale in stores? Those were supposed to be for lifetime discounted refills.

Did you notice if they charged you for the refill at the Simpsons? Policy had been that the Freestyle Coke cups could be used for discounted refills at counter service places.

Yes, that's been for awhile but you can still use your old red cups to get regular refills for $.99.

I really wish they would have told us about the discounted refills when we purchased our freestyle cups 3 days in a row...

Thanks to these boards, when we went in mid August, I knew that I could bring my old red cups from 2012 and get $.99 refills. Which was perfect because it was unbearably hot and we needed lots of drinks. They will also refill your red cup with ice water for free at most kiosks:) We will be bringing them back mid December when we go with our three teenagers. I know it won't be Hot out but will still get our moneys worth !!

I think you are right. It was a little over a dollar but still can't beat the price:) And don't forget you can bring your old popcorn container for refills too!

I have a Freestyle mug we purchased in January, anyone know if I take it back on our trip in November and get the discounted refills for the day?

I have a Freestyle mug we purchased in January, anyone know if I take it back on our trip in November and get the discounted refills for the day?

I had the same question for our trip in November. We purchased our cup almost 2 years ago. (Best investment!) I contacted customer service and was told that as long as the RFID tag was still readable, that we could bring our old cup and have it recharged. Let me know if you get it recharged.

We haven't been to Orlando in several years. Will be back this weekend. I have cups that I've had for a LONG time. Can I still use them?

Attachments

• IMG_7105.JPG
    IMG_7105.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 17
The red refill cups have been gone for a while but did you happen to notice if the character cups are still for sale in stores? Those were supposed to be for lifetime discounted refills.

Did you notice if they charged you for the refill at the Simpsons? Policy had been that the Freestyle Coke cups could be used for discounted refills at counter service places.
Simpsons food court gave me a free refill (no charge) in my Freestyle cup.
The only character cups that mentioned refills I saw were Minion ones in a gift shop.
There was also a HHN Freestyle cup in addition to the regular blue/white one.

As long as your freestyle cup is in tact you can take it back and get it recharged. If you have a problem with it take it to guest services. I hear they're helpful. I also hear you should put them in the dishwasher... Don't know though.

Also, you should be able to get $1.19 (1.27) refills at all the carts if you do not wish to recharge your freestyle cup. For me it would be a money saver to just get $1.27 refills as I don't drink more than 2 sodas a day. Also, you can get free water in any of universals cups at any cart no need to recharge.

When Mac gets official confirmation of these policies, I'll add them to the food sticky so we can keep track.

So-If we purchase a Freestyle cup our first day-we get free refills all day from the Freestyle machines and then the next day we can just use the mug to get discounted refills on regular fountain drinks even if we do not "recharge" our freestyle mug after the first day? Are there still discounts on Icee's when refilling the Freestyle Mug? Is water an option again at the Freestyle machines yet?

So-If we purchase a Freestyle cup our first day-we get free refills all day from the Freestyle machines and then the next day we can just use the mug to get discounted refills on regular fountain drinks even if we do not "recharge" our freestyle mug after the first day? Are there still discounts on Icee's when refilling the Freestyle Mug? Is water an option again at the Freestyle machines yet?

First day free refills.
Second day half-price re-activation of the cup, which then gets you a day of free refills.
Water is still not available at the Freestyle machines, boy I hope soon.
As for the rest of your post, I'm not too sure.

That's what has been the case with the discounted refills if you don't recharge.

Still no water at the Freestyle machines.

There was signs up next to the Freestyle machines stating that cups of water are available from the counter. Therefore I assume they won't change the machines back to offering free water.

Didn't I read something about an AP cup as well? Do they still offer these? I'm not sure where they are purchased but do they work the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter