Reese's Pieces makes a wish pre-trip report

So, DH and I both wanted to lose weight for Disney--mostly for all the photos. He had a couple of advantages---first being a man (and it is easier for them to lose the weight) and wasn't in the hospital for 3 weeks straight. I was in CHOP and of course eating cafeteria food or delivery for 3 meals a day for 21 days, plus lack of exercise.

EEEEK.

So now I have a little bit over a month to lose SOME weight. Ideally, I would like to lose 10 pounds---I doubt that will happen, but I can wish. But it means for the trip I just have to be hyper focused.

So, DH and I both wanted to lose weight for Disney--mostly for all the photos. He had a couple of advantages---first being a man (and it is easier for them to lose the weight) and wasn't in the hospital for 3 weeks straight. I was in CHOP and of course eating cafeteria food or delivery for 3 meals a day for 21 days, plus lack of exercise.

EEEEK.

So now I have a little bit over a month to lose SOME weight. Ideally, I would like to lose 10 pounds---I doubt that will happen, but I can wish. But it means for the trip I just have to be hyper focused.

I so wanted to lose weight too...I have lost about 10lbs since end of Diegos treatment but so wanted to lose more

That is a gorgeous dress!! Glad the big give is helping your family! I haven't had a chance to go through our stuff but hopefully soon. What are your exact dates? Feel free to message me if you don't want to post the exact dates.

Oh my gosh, she is too cute!

I am on the "want to lose weight before all the pictures" bandwagon too!

I am on a medication known to cause weight gain and I feel pretty defeated by it. Grrrrrr. :(

Here are the really bad photos. Reese doesn't stay still for a minute.

I am so glad that you got the dress and Reese liked it. I am thrilled that it seems to fit her just right too! I have you have a wonderful trip and that you enjoy every moment of it!

Oooh - Love the necklaces from Erin!!! Sooo cute!!!

I hope you are able to focus so you can lose some size before you go... I find that Disney is a great motivator! LOL

D~

That is a gorgeous dress!! Glad the big give is helping your family! I haven't had a chance to go through our stuff but hopefully soon. What are your exact dates? Feel free to message me if you don't want to post the exact dates.

Sorry I missed this! Our dates are December 7th-December 13th.

I talked to MAW yesterday, her reveal/send off party is set for December 1st.

It is at the Make a Wish Castle in NJ. We are super excited :)

Our local cancer organization had a night of magic last night. We went and Reese had a blast. She LOVED the characters and the face painters---she didn't really sit for the magic part, but loved being there. She is a ham and firmly puts herself in the center of attention.

Anyway, while we were waiting on line to get her face painted--she insisted that she was Spiderman. She refused to change her mind.

Hahaha... I love it! She is so adorable! :lovestruc

D~

That's so cute! And I love that you had a special shirt for a magic night too!

That shirt was from last year's gymboree line. My best friend sent it to her a year ago in the next size up, because I loved it so much.

It was perfect for the occasion.

Great news! We officially started maintenance chemo today AND Reese is clear to travel in December!

Her next appointment is AFTER Disney. After nearly a year of weekly doctors appointments and hospital stays--she was diagnosed in Jan. 2014; once a month is a breath of fresh air!

Sorry I missed this! Our dates are December 7th-December 13th.

I talked to MAW yesterday, her reveal/send off party is set for December 1st.

It is at the Make a Wish Castle in NJ. We are super excited :)

I'll see what I can come up with next week before the kids go on break for Thanksgiving. It's just been crazy here the last two weeks with the baby and I both getting sick and then a 4 day weekend (kids went back today) and now James has been sick. :sad2: Here's to hoping we all get better and stay that way!!

That's awesome that she has her party date!!

Great news! We officially started maintenance chemo today AND Reese is clear to travel in December!

Her next appointment is AFTER Disney. After nearly a year of weekly doctors appointments and hospital stays--she was diagnosed in Jan. 2014; once a month is a breath of fresh air!

Yeah!!! That is great news!!!!

What fantastic news! I am sure it will be nice to not have to be at the doctors as often! Now you can have more time for some fun stuff, like Disney!:cool1:

That's great news :cool1:

So we got more pixie dust in the mail!

It was a beautiful Frozen dress and stickers. No pictures yet--hopefully soon! Reese is right now on a 5 day, 10 dose of prednisone so she definitely isn't herself and I know that taken photos of her would be a HUGE fight.

We took her to the mall today with the Disney Store--which she loves, and she still wasn't that happy. :(

Oh yay that is the dress I made her glad to hear it arrived to you! Don't worry about pictures though i am excited to see it on her no rush! Thinking of sweet little Reese every day and sending healing thoughts her way. :flower3::flower3::tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter