Reese Witherspoon to Star in Disney's Live-Action Tinker Bell Movie

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Does anyone think that these live action versions of Disney characters/animated films are getting out of hand?

Reese Witherspoon to Star in Disney's Live-Action Tinker Bell Movie

May 21, 2015 3:00pm PT by Borys Kit, Hollywood Reporter.

'Finding Dory' writer Victoria Strouse is penning the script for the project.

Reese Witherspoon may soon be spreading some fairy dust.

The actress is attached to star in and produce Tink, a live-action take on the classic Peter Pan character Tinker Bell. Witherspoon will produce with Bruna Papandrea, her partner at the duo’s production banner, Pacific Standard.
Victoria Strouse, who wrote the script for Pixar’s upcoming Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory, is penning the script for the project, which does not have a director on board and is still in development.
Details on the project's angle are being kept deep in Pixie Hollow, but insiders say it will play with the idea and the timeline of the well-known Peter Pan narrative. It is also being developed in the vein of Maleficent, Disney’s 2014 hit that starred Angelina Jolie as the evil witch from Sleeping Beauty. Like Maleficent, this Tinker Bell tale is conceived as “the story you don’t know,” and will offer a new perspective on the character.

Unlike Maleficent or some other recent Disney movies, however, Tink is being developed to be made in a more modest, midrange budget.

Initially a minor and nonspeaking character in J.M. Barrie’s Pan story, Tinker Bell has, since her appearance in Disney’s 1953 classic animated feature, become one of the symbols of Disney and is at the center of the lucrative Disney Fairies franchise. Peter Pan's fairy companion has typically been portrayed as a temperamental character who can become dangerously jealous due to her unrequited love for the Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up.
Witherspoon, who has the comedy Hot Pursuit in theaters, just set up the drama Pale Blue Dot, to which she is attached as star and producer, at Fox Searchlight.

She is repped by CAA, LBI Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.

That's why they ended the Tinker Bell animated film series. It's time for a live action reboot!
(The Anti Smurfs, where they were live action and are being rebooted as an animated feature.)

I just wish these live action films were a bit more spread out. They seem to be all at once every few weeks to a month we here of another disney animated movie becoming a live action one. Not that I'm entirely opposed because they have been good, it's just so many.

I think Reese Witherspoon is ideal, but I wish they'd stick with animation.

Don't worry about the rush. Even though they have been announced, many of the movies won't be made for several years. Some will have delays and may be 4, 5, or more years from now.

I don't think any dates have been announced for Tink. Reese is PERFECT. Bring on every life action possible! One thing Disney has been getting right in both animation and live action is the casting. Everyone has been perfect.

While I agree she has the Tink look, I honestly think she's too old to play the role, I always envisioned Tinker Bell as eternally youthful. Witherspoon is almost 40. I mean, in Hook, Julia Roberts was 23. She could pass for the Queen from the Tinkerbell movies though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter