• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reedy Creek Firefighters at impasse

We are ALL trained in extrication. Each engine (we have four) and the Squad has a full set of tools for cutting up cars.

The SOAR team is for the really technical rescues. Such as elevated, high angle, subterrainian, confined space. They also handle biological, hazmat and WMD stuff.

Pressure from e-mails and lots of TV and newspaper articles helped!!

All of this publicity helped the Reedy Creek Firefighters union gain a tentative agreement after a marathon session with a federal mediator last week.

See: Reedycreek.org and http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orla...tml?t=printable

Thank you everyone who supported us with e-mails and tee shirt purchases.

Yes! You can still by Reedy Creek Fire Department tee shirts!

I'll advise when the contract is signed!!

Pressure from e-mails and lots of TV and newspaper articles helped!!

All of this publicity helped the Reedy Creek Firefighters union gain a tentative agreement after a marathon session with a federal mediator last week.

See: Reedycreek.org and http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orla...tml?t=printable

Thank you everyone who supported us with e-mails and tee shirt purchases.

Yes! You can still by Reedy Creek Fire Department tee shirts!

:hyper:

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on your good news :). My best wishes to you and your co-workers. Thanks for the work that you do.

Krista :wave:

See you in May!! Be sure to check out our new station near the Wyndam Palace Resort which is VERY close to PO Riverside.

Wow! It will be HOT by then!! :sunny:

Tee shirts only available at Headquarters by the Carribean Beach Resort at Buena Vista Drive and Victory Way from 0900-1700 hours. :wave2:

Some problems recently with Tee Shirt sales. We have been kicked out of headquarters and sales right now are via internet only at www.reedycreek.org . We are working on getting some cabinets to allow us to have shirts available at Stations 1 and 4. I was thinking we need a tee-shirt vending machine!!

The contract, by the way, was approved by the Board of Directors and is now in effect. The union got almost everything they asked for! 'Bout time!!! :rolleyes:

Looks like you are the photographer most of the time!

Nice looking shirt! Even CMs think the fire department is part of Disney. As my dad once said, everything is seamless. It seems like one big organization from the moment you arrive.

Have to get back to work......... gotta go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter