1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Reducing number on ADR without having to cancel and rebook?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Happyjen27, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

My coworker wants me to ask my "mouseketeers" if she can book an ADR for 7 people, and, if her parents decide not to join them on their Disney vacation can she knock that down to 5 people without losing her good time?

She is making ADRs without a room reservation just yet. She would guarantee with her credit card when applicable and will cancel well before the window to ensure she isn't charged for the 2 that may not be coming.

Thank you!

2. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

She can call to have them removed from the current dining reservation. Even if she doesn't call, they will not charge no show fees if only a partial party shows up. Out of courtesy for other guests, though, she really should call to change it ahead of time. :goodvibes

3. neodymm

neodymm Mouseketeer

Yes, I did exactly this last night for a Tusker House lunch reservation (from 14 to 10) that was confirmed on my CC. I think she should be fine.

4. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Tell her to call and try to reduce the number. If they cannot don't worry about it and just tell the hostess at the podium that its only 5 not 7 now. She won't be charged a no show fee for them. Now if its a prepaid like CRT etc then yes call and have it changed.