Redeye Flights

glewis1123

<font color=blue>The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda a
Has anyone ever taken a Redeye flight into MCO before

We're thinking on doing so which would put us in MCO at about 6AM and AKL about 730AM - just in time for breakfast at Boma's.

We're coming from California - and if we took a 630 AM flight we wouldn't get into MCO til after 5PM.

Would you do it again - hubby and I are traveling with 3 kids ages 9-1/2 - 14.

Yes - I've done it and I'd do it again. You know your kids - would they really sleep on the flight? Any chance of getting a non-stop? Uninterrupted sleep would be a plus. I hate using a touring day for travelling too! It's a tough call with kids (on the other hand - it's a long flight - being able to sleep would use up the time!)

Like you I'd hate to lose a day traveling - we'd be leaving SJC @ 8pm to LAX then leave LAX @ 10ish and arrive at MCO about 6am.

Actually I think the kids would be ok - as they have flown a lot - I think I'm more concerned about my husband's snoring keeping the rest of the plane awake - ROFL

We travel frequently on a 1250AM LAS-MCO nonstop which arrives at just after 8AM. It can be hard as your "clock" is thrown out of wack and even sleeping wheels up to wheels down will only net you about 4-4.5 hrs of sleep from LA.But you will be running on Disney adrenaline and it shouldn't be a problem.Once the kids awaken, they will be hard to stop.LOL Take it easy. Try to rest all evening and relax the next day. Hopefully your concierge room will be ready early but don't count on it. The last time we stayed at AKL(Feb) our concierge room was ready at 11AM:) The time before that,app. 3PM They offered us a room earlier but it was smoking 6th floor room which doesn't face the savannah. Enjoy your stay!:)

Been there, done that. NEVER again! I hate the Red Eyes and the only place I take a flight like that is the Europe.

IF the plane is not packed, it is not as bad since you can spread out a bit. However, the avearge coach seat is about as comfortable as a torture chamber.

Most people think taking a red eye means less passengers, more room etc....
As a flight attendant, I have to tell you most red eyes are full, therefore there are no empty seats. If your kids can sleepon flights, you are fine, however, I know at least one of my kids will not sleep, so she is wiped out by the time we get to our final destination.
HELP{FUL HINTS::: Put kids in pj's before flight- make them more comfortable and able to sleep.
Feed them, so that they are not hungry.
Tell them they have to sleep on the flight, so that they can have fun once they get to DW .

There are always passengers that will stay awake the entire flight, so be prepared. There is also something that happens when you fly these allnighters, that the generel public does not realize, since they are asleep. OK this is gross, so don't read this if you are squeamish- many people "toot" in their sleep, and on an airplane, you do notice it quite a bit ! LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter