redevelopment of OKW?

russ1

Earning My Ears
Whilst staying at C Beach last week overheard conversation between guests who said they were DVC members that OKW/DVC was to be redeveloped/revamped. As a result existing members would be offerred new 50 year leases with an 80% discount off of the cost in exchange for giving up existing ownership. Has anyone else heard any rumours?

I also go to Caribbean Beach to get most of my DVC information. :rolleyes: I find the DVC experts that hang out there are very creative.

I must have overheard the same conversation, except after you left, they went on to explain that DVC was actually working with the new Mission:Space attraction to transport the entire OKW resort to Mars so that guests from the Epcot attraction will have a nice place to stay once they arrive.

I'm heading over to Coronado Springs right now... I hear there's someone there with some information about relocating VWL and BCV.

Dontcha just love rumors? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Welcome Russ!

If there's one thing that there's no shortage of, it's rumors regarding DVC.

They're interesting to hear, but over 11 years, maybe 5% of them turn out to be true. Most of them are just the result of someone's vivid imagination.

If you have any questions about DVC, please feel free to ask. Hopefully, someone will have facts to share with you.:D

Well, I haven't heard anything of the sort.

I odn't understand all the legal ramifications of DVC ownership(DH does, so at least one of us knows what the heck we bought;) !!), but I woud guess that before they could make any major changes, they'd have to jump through a lot of hoops, legally, with the home reosrt owers etc.

LOL, not only would they have to jump through a lot of hoops, but they would have to ask us too!

Originally posted by russ1
Whilst staying at C Beach last week overheard conversation between guests who said they were DVC members that OKW/DVC was to be redeveloped/revamped. As a result existing members would be offerred new 50 year leases with an 80% discount off of the cost in exchange for giving up existing ownership. Has anyone else heard any rumours?
Obviously not possible. Besides there is enough land if they wanted to do something else, they would just use it instead. The extension part might come through but I'm sure DVC will wait until they're through selling before going that route.

LOL WEBMASTER DOC

Moving OKW to Mars would fit right in with all those posters who say that OKW is tooooo farrrrr from the action.
Then they would be speaking the truth.
Oh well I guess I can sell OKW and buy SSR.

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
I also go to Caribbean Beach to get most of my DVC information. :rolleyes: I find the DVC experts that hang out there are very creative.

I must have overheard the same conversation, except after you left, they went on to explain that DVC was actually working with the new Mission:Space attraction to transport the entire OKW resort to Mars so that guests from the Epcot attraction will have a nice place to stay once they arrive.

I'm heading over to Coronado Springs right now... I hear there's someone there with some information about relocating VWL and BCV.

Dontcha just love rumors? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wow! He was only repeating what he heard. The fact that the people stated they were DVC members maybe made him think there might be some truth to this rumor and he is posting to see what/if anyone else knows anything???

My guess is that russ1 really did overhear such a conversation. But the people who were speaking somehow confused the redevelopment of the Disney Institute into a new 50-year DVC resort as a redevlopment of the neighboring OKW resort. Or maybe they were repeating someone else's misnterpretation of the Sarasota Springs project.

Anyone who has been on ths board for a while knows that WebmasterDoc is a really nice, helpful guy. I don't for a minute think he meant to attack russ1. I think that WebmasterDoc was simply amused at how rumors get spread.

I bet you're right Werner Weiss. That makes sense about the confusion. And WebmasterDoc has helped me plenty of times and I'm thankful. Just felt bad for the poor russ1. ;)

Originally posted by Werner Weiss
My guess is that russ1 really did overhear such a conversation. But the people who were speaking somehow confused the redevelopment of the Disney Institute into a new 50-year DVC resort as a redevlopment of the neighboring OKW resort. Or maybe they were repeating someone else's misnterpretation of the Sarasota Springs project.

Anyone who has been on ths board for a while knows that WebmasterDoc is a really nice, helpful guy. I don't for a minute think he meant to attack russ1. I think that WebmasterDoc was simply amused at how rumors get spread.
My feelings too.

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc

LOL! This explains a conversation I heard at dinner last night. The table next to me was arguing about whether or not they'd like to vacation on the Moon and/or various planets. One lady was all for a Moon vacation while the other insisted she wanted to only vacation on Earth and "no other planets or the moon". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Honest! This was a real conversation. They obviously must have heard the DVC rumor.

Doc, is nothing but a straight-forward source of information. He goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and well-informed here on the DIS DVC Board. He shared a joke with us....something I was glad to see him do.

Russ, welcome. I'm sure you have a sense of humor as well.

Maybe at some point, Disney will more aggressively exercise its ROFR and repackage the points it buys back into a program with a longer extension, so that all the resorts will gradually rotate into the 2054 ending date.

Originally posted by fkj2
Maybe at some point, Disney will more aggressively exercise its ROFR and repackage the points it buys back into a program with a longer extension, so that all the resorts will gradually rotate into the 2054 ending date.
They can't do it that way unless they offer the extension to everyone. I doubt they're making money one ones they buy back now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter